Castaway - 64

"I didn't think you were. I am though." Levi guided Eren inside. "This store is bigger than I thought. It might be hard for you to move around."

"It's fine. Stop worrying." Eren put slight pressure on his ankle as they walked, trying to make it easier for Levi. "And it's not like I'm going to use those scooter things. There are other people that need them more than me."

"I didn't suggest using one. I was going to make you sit on a bench." Levi saw a bench coming and sat Eren down. "Stay here."

"So you're just going to leave me here knowing I can't follow?" Eren watched Levi.

"Yes." Levi smirked. "Now stay still." He turned and left. He'd move faster alone.

-

Eren sat on the bench, playing on his phone. He felt awkward just sitting on a bench with one shoe on. His foot was extremely swollen so he put two socks on one foot in an attempt to make some sort of cast.

If he knew Levi was going to leave him on a bench he would've stayed in the car.

He eventually got bored on his phone and began looking around. He watched as people walked by. It was already afternoon, so the store was busy.

For a second Eren got anxious and thought they'd run into someone, but relaxed when he remembered they were still far from home. If he wasn't injured he'd go look for a gift for Levi. The store they were in had everything from groceries to electronics.

Numerous people already looked at him like he was crazy. What was taking so long? Just as he was about to stand he saw Levi walking back over. He was carrying crutches and a bag with some items in it.

"I was ready to get up and look for you." Eren mumbled.

"That wasn't a good idea. Do you think walking around with one shoe is normal?" Levi teased.

"What's in the bag?" Eren asked.

"Oh, some bandages." Levi shrugged. "I'll wrap it for you in the car."

Eren nodded. "Alright." He frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want to go home." Eren mumbled, starting to walk towards the exit with the crutches.

"We have to go home." Levi sighed. "Don't be sad about it."

Eren looked back at Levi before turning to continue to make his way back to the car.

"Sit in the back so I can wrap your ankle." Levi said.

Eren turned. "I'm not a baby. I can wrap my ankle." He huffed and climbed into the backseat of the car once he heard Levi unlock it.

Levi handed him the little box with the bandage. "Go for it then."

The teen opened the box and took the two socks off of his foot. He began wrapping it up and then stopped when he thought he was done. "How does it stay together?" He asked Levi.

Levi smirked. "So you do need help." He had been standing and watching from outside of the car. He climbed into the car and closed the door behind himself. He took the box and a few clips fell out. "You use these to keep the bandage in place. If not it'd just come undone."

Eren took the clips and put it on his bandages. "That wasn't too bad."

"I'm not offering to do these things for you because I think you're weak, I figured you'd know that." Levi murmured, getting out of the backseat and watching as Eren crawled out and got back on his crutches to move to the front seat.

Once Eren was sitting, Levi took the crutches and put them in the trunk with their belongings.

"I know." Eren said back. "I just want to try and do some things on my own. I don't always need someone helping me."

"I guess I'm on top of you too much." Levi shrugged and started the car. As he backed up and drove out of the parking lot he was in deep thought. "I came from a background where I had to do everything entirely on my own. I'm used to just doing it and getting it done, even with other people." Levi glanced at Eren as he drove.

Eren felt bad for saying what he said. He wondered what Levi's upbringing was even like. "Sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

Levi knew everything about Eren's past. Eren knew nothing about Levi's past. Did he not want to talk about it?

Levi shook his head. "No, it's fine."

"Ugh, I feel like an asshole. I don't mind the help. I want help, I just don't usually have people taking care of me like this." Eren sighed.

Levi glanced at Eren for a moment while driving. "I don't know why you feel like an asshole. I'm not going to go home and cry over the fact that you don't want my help." He would be a bit disappointed though.

"I feel dumb because I don't even know anything about your upbringing either." Eren mumbled. "Hearing you say that made me wonder and we've been together a year now. I could've asked."

"I would've told you if you asked. I didn't think you were interested. It's just my childhood." Levi shrugged. It wasn't the most pleasant story either. Why talk about it and make the mood depressing? He didn't think about it as something depressing at that point. He moved past it.

Eren frowned. "Don't talk about it like it's not important. I want to know things about you. The little things and big things. You know so much about me. My likes, my dislikes, my dreams and fears... and yet I can barely even figure out what to get you as a gift."

"My personality isn't as big as yours." Levi said, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not as young and social. I work and go home. I don't like a lot of things clearly. I like coffee, reading and you."

Eren rolled his eyes and blushed faintly. "Wow, I'm in the top three?" He teased.

Levi wanted to tell him he was number one, but would feel odd. That wasn't something he'd normally say, so he just nodded in response.

Eren huffed softly. "Can you tell me about how you grew up now?"

-