3.What do I have to lose

*Revised heavily.*

Under the lights her eyes shine so bright and as I reach for her hand she falls....

Four days. Its been four days and Corey had not said a single word about what happen at the 'Christmas party' or how he got his car back without his mom blowing up about it. He just keeps running his mouth about what happen in football Friday night. He last me about 20 minutes ago but I keep humming when he takes a break talking.

"Hey babe, I need you to listen even when you are thinking." He said looking over at me as he pulls from McDonald's. Corey had been talking for the lady 20 minutes and it was going to drive me insane.

"Corey, don't call me babe." I mutter checking my phone. It was startling enough that he wasn't acting like party crashers didn't come through and try to force drugs on everyone. And now he wanted me to listen to Friday's night football game.

"What is stuck up your tight ass this morning, I mean I paid for breakfast?" He asked slowing down at the light. His attitude was about it get it. Grinding my teeth together, I tried to calm myself before saying anything out of hand.

"Sorry I am just all over the place this morning, my mom didn't come home last night and my dad is on a trip, so I had the twins and they are so dramatic." I sighed bringing the orange juice up to my lips. Those demons could tell when I felt uneasy and maximized on it.

"Hey, how is Ella and Ethan? They still sound like they are riding your ass til you move out" He said a smile making its way to his lips.

"Tell me about it. They are doing just fine. 11 months younger than me and they still act like they are five" I said grumbling. Looking over at me, Corey flipped up his eyebrow.

"Really. That is such a surprise to me." He deadpanned. Unsuccessfully able to hide me smile we laughed at the matter. My siblings weren't the devil but they sure as he'll weren't saints.

"So I lied about taking you to school this morning." He says taking a sharp turn going down a street a few block away from school.

"Corey! You gotta be smoking!" I yell gripping the seat. My stomach flipped as the car raced around the corner and over the hill.
"Smoking, never. I just have some answers to your questions." He said racing all the way down the street. Soon the pungent smell of sea water wafted through the car and I groan.

Hell  no. No no no no no!

"Corey, turn this car around and take me to school. I could have took the damn bus if you didn't want to." I said as my seatbelt tighten. He has slowed down a bit but the car still felt like I was in danger.

"Well that's too bad. You want answers and I need to spy a little bit." He says slowing down at the peak of the hill.

Rubbing my head, I sighed lightly. I need a drink. Today was already looking like a whirlwind of problems.

"Who the hell do you have to spy on?" I asked not in the mood to even try to talk some sense into him. Coming to a complete stop he turn to me. 

"There are lower ranks in this gang I know about. So supposedly the lower ranks which we will call old Italians are at war with another gang's lower ranks, new Italians. Evan told me all about it. And they have been divide by schools..." he said before I had to cut him off.

"Gangs? Here? It's official you smoke crack." I said looking at his crazy. Though a troubling feeling past through my stomach. I use to know some Italians. They were friends with my parents.

"Shannon please just listen. So we went to that party and a couple of members from the rival new italians were there. Someone ratted them out about crossing territory. So what happens in the rival territory must be avenged right." He said excitedly. I shook my head instantly.

"No, no. I change my mind I don't want answers. First off, they don't sound like gangs. This sounds like the mafia. Second off, if this is about mafia troubles I rather not know. Third off, I can't be miss school like this Corey." I said folding my arms in my lap. The last thing I wanted was to be  affiliated.

"Come on, it too late to head back to school just wander on the beach with me until I fine Evan again." He said turning his car off.

Getting out of the car, Corey just looked at me through the windshield. I didn't want to get out but the A.C. was off and I was beginning to sweat. Groaning lowly, I clicked off my seat belt and marched out the car.

"Lead the way  Casanova." I said hearing a large crowd over the hill.

"Great let's go!" He grabs my hand dragging me down some way of the hill. There were so many people here. Just a few out in the water, others talking animated to one another in outfits that ranged from swimming suits to just everyday wear.

"You see that guy over there?" He points out from afar. Yanking my hand from him I followed where his hand was pointing.

"No what's he wearing?" I said looking aimlessly. The crowd started to make a little more sense. They weren't all grouped together now. It's appears to break into small groups in the larger crowd.

"Uhh, he is in a button down and khakis. Way over to your left." Squinting I saw him instantly. His face sent a sense of deja vu through me. I knew who he was but I couldn't remember where from or why. 

"That is 'Daniel Clooney'. He apart of the old Italian gang." My eye widened. Well I guess I don't know him.

"So what's his rank? Is he apart of the lower ranks that were fucking around?" I said before Corey grabbed my shoulder.

"Hell no. Are you kidding, he is like one of the top dogs." He said looking at me crazy.

"I'm sorry I didn't read up on members of the recent old Italian mafia. Because Italians have too much  dignity to be called a gang." I said frowning. He had another thing coming if he thought I was anything short of Oceané Shannon fucking Ivory.

"Don't be sorry be better." He shrugs cutting his eyes back my way.

"You still wanna keep talking?" I say walking down to sea shore. He was bout to get his ass beat.

He rolls his eyes and turns to take in the beach side manor. "Hey give me a second, I think I see Evan. " Corey says jogging in another direction. I want to go after him and smack him for leaving me in the middle of a party and talking to me crazy, but my legs don't move. People move around me and bump me looking me up and don't. Somebody is finna get it today and it's starting to look like I won't give a damn who gets it.

Glancing around, I move to a less crowded part of the beachside. Corey left me to wander by myself again in a party but he will end up whining if he can't find me when he is ready to go. Thinking over what Corey has told me, I feel a slight shiver run over me. I didn't know an Italian alive with the name Daniel Clooney? Some part of me feels like Corey just made his name up.

Interrupting the thought, I run into someone with full forced. Shit, again.

"Sorry." I murmur avoiding looking at who I ran into. Fingers brush my face and I freeze. What in the actual... The tip of their fingers lift my face and I look into  familiar eyes.

Talk of the of the devil himself. Taking a step back I just looked at him. Daniel my ass. But I'll play whatever game he is playing then.

"Ms. Ivory, to who do I owe the pleasure to?"  To my fucking best friend that's who.
○ ○ ○

Updated: August 19 2019

Comment

Vote

Do whatever you like.

better edit

-Merr