28. your time is now

Reggie... not this time, I thought reaching out as his hands tighten around my neck. My vision be came foggy but my hand grasped the steel knife in his neck. Shaking me, he banged my head into the wall a couple of times. My hand slipped from his neck as I felt like I was losing consciousness. It felt as if blood was dripping from my nose and ears.

This was my last moment and I knew it. I could feel the burning in my lungs from lack of air. I couldn't see a clear cut image of his face anymore but I could feel his hands tighten once more. My eyes started to roll back from lack of blood. My head felt like ice picks were drilling their way through my skull. My body felt like dead weight. Unresponsive. My body jerk and felt like it was going numb. Squeezing my left fist, I was bringing him with me, whether it was his time to die or not. Reaching up, I gripped the knife and focused in on him. Widening his eyes, he realized what I was doing but it was too late, I watch my very own hand rip the knife right across his neck and pulled it out.

Gurgling noises came from above me and his hands fell from my neck. Sucking in air, it almost seem to late to try and save myself. I could feel my very own throat swell up. Wet liquid soaked my clothes and I could feel my chest caving in. The pressure was off my neck, but his dead body collapsed on top of me and another type liquid ran my face. At my last moment I was crying tears of happiness. Closing my eyes I thought this was it, but not before a familiar face came into view. Frowning up even more, my tears streamed faster down my face. His hair was sticking up in every which direction and his face was red with anger and fear.

"Oh my shannon." I heard in the broken Italian accent I loved so much. Smiling I closed my eyes.

*****

I can't remember the last time I heard a familiar voice. I heard the doctor say something about collapsed lung, concussion and health but who am I. I can't think straight.

All my thoughts are scattered. I was numb and a little cold. It's been a while I believe since I have been up. I feel like a few years have pasted. I keep fighting the void of darkness waiting to take me under like a thick layer of smoke. I try to move anything, to do anything ... something. I need some type of human interaction before I go crazy lost in the world of my own mind. Sometimes when I pull myself out of the the void, I hear murmurs of different tongues. Maybe english, maybe not and if I'm lucky I feel warmth in my hand, like someones holding on to me, but other than that I can't understand anything.

But after a long while of sleep and awareness behind my mind, there's a different pull in me today. I feel more than the coldness and numbness. I feel pain, and I can move my fingers. My eyes are working, they can feel the heat of light behind my eyelids and words aren't as confusing . Now the doctors are saying I won't wake up but I think other wise. Curling my hand into fist, I want to scream out of this torment but my body is still weak. Though I cannot lay here any longer.

Taking a deep breath I force my eyes open, the pulling apart of eyelashes was the from instant pain I felt. Instantly opening my eyes more, I was blinded by the light in front of me. Slowly looking around, my eyes adjust to the light and I could see that my bed is facing the window. A wide beautiful window that reached from wall to wall. Outside the window was the sun setting and I could see the mountains with snowy white tops. Right then and there tear roll down my face. All the broken memories flooded my mind, it was only by the will of God I lived through it all. I made up my mind to live better, and I know it will take time but the effort counts. My chest grows heavy knowing I don't want to say goodbye all the people I have grown to love, Sunshine, Liam, Grayson and more. 

Blinking away the tears, I reach up to wipe my face and I feel the bandages wrapped tightly around my head. I really was going to die back at Mars estate. Rolling my lips together I swallowed another cry back. Closing my eyes I turned my head to the side only to see the doctor talking to someone outside the door but I couldn't see them. Looking to the other side my breath caught in my throat, there sleeping on the couch with deep bags under their eyes was Cory. He looked almost as if he was a ghost.Tear stains ran from his eyes. He was frowning in his sleep. All this time I was dealing with Mar, that slut, reggie and don't forget my body guard, I forgot all about the kid next door.

"Cory." I say but it felt like I was shouting. Watching him, I know he didn't hear me. So I turned my head the opposite way and pressed the nurse button. Tensing up my back began to throb painfully.

Suddenly the doctor and the nurse rushed in the room and that woke Cory. Following in after the nurse was Mar. A faint smile settled on my lips as I relaxed again. No one spoke yet, we all just let the doctor and nurse work in peace. After giving me medicine, water and  assurance that I was fine they left the room.

Mariano and Cory stood to approach me at the same time.

"Hey guys. I have mis-" quieting me they hugged me one by one.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." Mar said tears brimming his eyes but a stern look on his face. I just nodded my head.

"But we will have to catch up later. We are going to be M.I.A for a little while." Mariano says looking at Cory.

Sunshine, Grayson, Liam, Ethan and Ella enter the room.

"We got to find our parents now." Ethan says.

WHAT?! 

----------------

Okay that's all for this one folks. Still got more to come but that's it for this book. Next book is Lost At Sea. And it will out in a little while so keep a heads up. I'm going to post one more chapter for the sequel.

Love you  guys 

-  Mer  🔱