Chapter 78

The wind gently sways the trees, birds chirping in harmony. The sun high up encourages people to bath with its warmth. Perfect time of the day for the Emperor to stroll along the lake side. Beside him is the Empress in her bright red robe and a veil covering her face. They talk in a hush to prevent people from eavesdropping. Behind them are the usual line up of their eunuch, maids and guards.

The scene is a sight to behold as it gives hope to those who saw them. They pray from the bottom of their heart that the couple will finally have the heir that the kingdom is missing.

The couple went to the lake's pavilion and took a seat near each other. The people felt their hope rising up that soon, a tiny prince will be running around the lake, bringing trouble to the maids. With that thought in mind, they prayed harder in their heart.

"I felt chills run down my spine" The Empress whisper in a way that no one could hear. The tone is even and has no hint of emotion.

The Emperor glance behind his shoulder and note how the people around them immediately lower their heads. Behaving well in front of them.

"I will be really happy to know what caused those chills" The Emperor reply in a soothing whisper. His tone is smiling and his gaze shifted to the person beside him.

The Empress hum in response. "I'd rather keep it to my self though."

The Emperor chuckle at that. "Why not? Sharing is caring"

"I'd rather save my care for someone else."

"Why are you so mean to me?"

With a neutral tone the Empress reply. "I have full respect to the one that you disguised as."

"You mean the Emperor? what about me? I am one at the moment. I'm your superior too, where is the respect that I deserve?"

"You've already shown me how not to waste my respect."

"So mean."

"What else did His Majesty say?" The Empress swiftly shifted the topic.

"hmm" The Emperor still wanted to retort to the last topic, but he could only force himself to be serious about the question. "His Majesty only said about going out with no certain date of coming back. He instruct this humble servant to let Guard Alma handle all the talking in regards to the palace affairs, as I will be claiming that I am ill. But I will still be doing all the usual routine that the Emperor does."

"His Majesty did not hint you where he was going?"

"Nope, not in the slightest. Just me wearing this fake imperial robe that hopefully no one notices. Guard Alma's idea apparently. As you and I follows through certain routine."

"uhuh. On the other hand, how's the search of Xi?"

Sigh. "You're such a conversation killer, just when I'm on to that topic you're immediately slapping me with another one... Beta said he got some leads on that and he's on it as of this moment."

"Alone?"

"nuh, he said he's with someone- And before you ask, I have no clue who this someone is."

"I'm surprised that you're letting your lover go around with someone else like that, and you without a clue as to what they are doing."

"Beta said that it is confidential so I respect that." He sigh and gaze at the koi that leap and splash back to the water's surface. "Even though I hate it when he's out in a mission with someone else."

"hmm... I saw Stigma Talking to Beta couple days ago. Perhaps it's him?"

"I'm not even wondering. Stigma's been the closest to Xi to the point where they consider themselves as brothers. For the past few days now, Stigma's been onto something too."

Deep into the woods of Mt Peng, camouflaged with the trees and bushes, hides a group of people who resides and walk around without fear of the outside world knowing. One certain house, hids an underground room in which a body of a man currently rest.

The body is cold, the skin is pale, the chest is steady. No breathing could be heard since the day that he said he will take a bit of rest.

The door slowly open and a man entered. He respectfully light up the torches that is attached to the wall before he approach the body. The man bow ninety degree and talk like he's waking up a sleeping noble. "My Lord, the preparation is complete. It is time"

No response yet the man wait. Seconds only later and the body slowly inhale. The sleeping man's eyelids slowly raise, revealing his dull ruby iris. The man, The Lord of death in ancient times rise up from his sleep the second. "Finally.." His voice husk. The loyal servants swiftly assist him as he stand.

Meanwhile, In another underground house, a certain shadow guard is sat on his bed, leaning back on the wall, lazily draped his arm behind his head as he pleasantly munch on a raw carrots he recently likes to eat.

Underground prison. Fifty five guards. Same visitor. No certain numbers of people beyond this prison cell. Unknown cause of these people.

The constant stream of thoughts inside his head. There has to be a way that he could investigate this place by going outside. KT Xi has no idea if he was being delusional, or the man- the emperor from his dream is a genuine one. But the man promised him his rescue. All he has to do is lay low. Don't act anything rush that might risk his current situation, and try to gather a bit of information about his captors. Where are they, what are they called, and ask for even a bit of information.

Cherokee rose is what they called themselves. All of the people he saw, Except for Chang Han wore black clothes. They've been around for more than hundreds of years, secretly moving around the place to restore their glory days- whatever those days they were talking about. And so far, that's all that he had managed to gather from that Chang Han's mouth. Nonetheless it was still enough for a bit of digging to uncover more from the emperor's side- if the man is even real and he's not just an illusion.

His gaze shift to the metal bars, beyond them is the same dark hallway that only lights up once a certain individual comes to bring him his needs. A silhouette of a man could be distinguished, a man who is tasked to guard him today.

As days come and go. KT Xi notice a lot of things. Such as, his captor seems to be a good servant and not the master at all. His prison cell is now in a more livable state unlike when he first arrived. The only ones who came to visit him is this Chang Han individual and most of the guards shifting to watch over him is not the same.

But no matter how careful they are with him. With his current mood, his wariness never lowers.

Seconds only and Chang Han is back again. On his face however, is not the same easygoing smile, nor is his signature cunning look, instead he's sporting on a deep frown, a clear indication that today might not be the same as yesterday, or any other days that he had. And to be honest, he didn't know what he should feel about that.

12/28/19_9:14AM

Extra;

【Beta】: Did you know that the author did not notice that she mistyped Sigma's name to Stigma?

【Alpha】: Everyone knows.

【Beta】: She Just notice when she reread the story!

【Alpha】: Sigma's been through a lot.

【Beta】: Her face though when she realized it.

【Alpha】: No need to rub salt on it.

(^o^)