Chapter 68

At sunrise, the Emperor and His Empress will be leaving the capital city. The Grand Empress Dowager call for a simple dinner as a normal family.

At the same time, outside the wall of the Capital, a woman is standing on one of the tiny branches of a tree. She wave her hand in the air,  her eyes close, feeling great as the air caress her being. She wave the stick in her hands in the air like a bandmaster guiding the sound of her orchestra. Her lips raise to a smirk as she open her eyes and gaze directly towards the palace. "Let the preparation of my concert... BEGIN!!!" She laugh loudly like a maniac.

Chang Han who is leisurely sitting on the branch of the tree next to the woman is standing- glance at his comrade with a raise eyebrow. This woman, no matter how many years she's been alive and travel around, she still manage to remain a maniac as ever. Chang Han is not judging her though...

"I can feel it-" Her wild gaze fixed in the same direction, her arms wrap around herself as she felt shivers run through her spine" Ah~  the tune is forming! Ha~ The melody I seek is finally playing! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! I feel you! Ah~"

Chang Han rub the bridge of his nose and sigh to himself. For a long time now, he have been wondering what this woman was feeling whatever her music form according to her will. Her face, her moan, her crazy laugh, people who would see and heard her will probably think that she's feeling too pleasured from something that they couldn't see but herself. This only happens when she uses her power, whenever she's not doing anything, you won't be able to tell that she's actually a lunatic.

"Ji Lian." He silently called.

The space next to him form a small tornado and there appear the Fox Spirit leisurely lying in the air. He roll on his stomach and use his left hand to serve as his pillow, closing his eyes again as he speak lazily "Yo~ sup~" His fluffy nine tails are calmly waving around in the air.

"You know what to do." Chang Han said evenly.

"It's time already huh." He raise his body up and smell the air. "Yes, I can smell it. It's very strong in fact."

Chang Han nod. "Good. I'll call you again soon, be ready."

The Fox Spirit roll his eyes and lied back down. He yawn then vanished in thin air.

Chang Han look at his lunatic comrade who is still laughing. He can't help but shake his head. Too much power could twist your mind, yup. Glad I'm able to control myself... Sometimes.

⚜☣⚜☣⚜☣⚜☣⚜

After the dinner, together, the Empress and Emperor walk back to their palace. On their way, the Emperor spoke void with emotions. "You seems sleepless, rest Tian Xi, don't overestimate yourself." The emperor said before he turn to the direction of his chamber. His own eunuch, maids and guards following behind him.

Is it really obvious that I am sleepless? I didn't tell anyone. KT Xi shrug, thinking I guess it's obvious. He also walk to where the Empress' chamber is.

As usual, he arrived, enter the room by himself and change clothes. As he tie the his hair up, he suddenly felt dread and lightheaded. His knees went soft and he sway on his feet. He quickly grab the post of the bed and steady himself as he try to calm his breath. Something's not right. He thought. He look around the room and sharply scan the crook of the room. He don't know what, but whatever's that dread that he felt, he know it is affecting him.

The shadow guard steady his breathing and wait for his strength to return. After sometime, deciding that he could do it, he climb up to the roof then jump into the trees.

"They're desperate, that's why all of us have to be more cautious and tight with our defense. The Emperor... we cannot put his majesty at risk anymore." GL Alpha said, scanning everyone in the room with his stern eyes.

All twenty seats are occupied by every shadow guards,... complete inside the room for a short meeting, and also eating.

NS Beta who is sitting beside the leader of the shadow guard -as usual, like he own that space- drape his arm around GL Alpha's shoulder and lean back. "The travel will be long so everyone should try and be more prepared and well rested,... This means... What we're about to do, is very important..." He look at each and everyone in the eyes, leaning forward -dragging GL Alpha with him. "That's why,..." Everyone gulp...

The silence is deadly....

Some are clinching their hands to a fist.

Others have determination in their eyes.

Most have hungry looks on their eyes...

And then.....

"Let's eat." He said so slowly.

FINALLY!  They wanted to shout out loud. Ever since they arrive in the dinning room, NS Beta strictly forbid them from touching any foods in the table and said seriously 'we must wait for everyone to gather here' and so, hungry and tired, they immediately dug into the foods like hungry animals.

It's too good to be true~ LD Stigma couldn't help but shed some tears as he ate. Ever since this afternoon, he have been hungry to bone because he didn't eat breakfast. He have been very excited to finish his time on duty so he could finally eat, and yet, even though he explain and beg on his knees, cruel Beta wouldn't even let him touch a single dish. He feel like dying~

While everyone are enjoying the food they are eating,

JN Mu suddenly moan as he sip his soup rather loudly. "Ah~ this is so delicious– hmm~" He look at everyone teasingly and said with low voice. "If only~" His gaze linger to a certain individual and smirk. "I know someone who moans like that when they're hot and under some else's body~"

Someone choke on their food and a sound of an object dropped on the table resounded in the silent room.

And then, CH Koppa break the silence by speaking loud enough that everyone could hear. "Xi! You're having a nosebleed!" Everyone immediately turn to where CH Koppa is, his body is facing the side and his face is full of worry as he look at the person sitting beside him.

KT Xi who was in daze is awaken from CH Koppa voice. He look around and learn that he became the center of attention. He touch his nose and felt wet on his hand. He look at it and the color of his crimson blood painting his hand is the one the greeted his eyes. He frown and immediately wipe his nosebleed with his sleeve. When he feel KT Xi jump from his seat and left in a hurry.

Everyone are left speechless.

"Xi is such a pervert." JN Mu commented and sip his soup.

{(5/21/2019)... 6:17pm}