Chapter 8

Light sounds of footsteps is closing in. KT Xi standing side by side with Royal guard Alma at the back of the Emperor grip his Katana for an action. You ask why a mere shadow guard is fighting together with a high ranking guard? Well previously, after the nagging of LD Stigma about KT Xi's poor judgement of people to do those stuff with and him being a man, KT Xi was then called by the emperor and stand in front of him inside the tent, a bit awkwardly because aside from KT Xi, most people inside are a high ranking guards of the emperor. Without realising it, KT Xi is actually having a goosebumps the moment he stand before the Emperor.

Royal Guard Alma frown, he really can't predict what the emperor is planning right now. If this shadow guard was someone else, he could have been dead already the moment he aim his sword to the emperor. Surprisingly, the emperor is very lenient to this shadow guard that even though he was wounded by this person, he was the one who was willing to keep this person close to him. What is going on with the emperor?

In a rather cold manner, the emperor spoke "Guard Xi, this Emperor desire to witness you in a fight... Be at the front guards" A Imperial guard pass him a black clothe, then he added "Use this clothe to mask yourself for this time around"

Even his tone is rather calmer than before!!!

Though he is doubtful, KT Xi still accepted the clothe respectfully and wore it to himself.

So now, countless of unknown men surrounded the Emperor's group and KT Xi took the honor to stand in front of the Emperor -as what he was ordered to do.

When the enemy saw their formation, they immediately frown as they glance at the leader for explanation. The leader of the group glare at their spies who are all exchanging glances with each other, hidden behind their eyes are the blaming that are directed with the other. The leader squinted and ask "care to explain?"

The five spies froze on their spot and did not dare to move, nor answer the leader. The leader's lieutenant sigh and speak up on behalf of their scared information team. "Captain, one out of five spy birds that they sent had not reach us at all. It is possible that the bird was captured by them"

The leader -or the Captain blow a heavy breath and said harshly "doesn't matter, we fight here and now! Attack!!!"

Loud war cries resounded in the once silent forest, seconds only later are the sharp clashing sounds of swords against swords and arrows flying here and there.

Royal Guard Alma stay beside the emperor as he skillfully block all the stray arrows and the occasional enemies that went through the formation in attempt to attack the emperor. The said Emperor's attention -who is still very calm like there's no battle before him is glued to a certain shadow guard that is beautifully swinging his Katana in every enemy that he fought. The Emperor's sharp dark eyes dangerously narrow, the killing intent appeared and gone before anyone could see. If this shadow guard is indeed a descendant of those people, there are only two roads that he'll have to take in the future. It's either Death or Binding.

In a certain part of the palace, the three old officials didn't dare to speak as the mysterious person before them chuckle with its melodic voice. The stranger is wearing a bluish-conservative robe of a lady with a veil hiding its face from them. The stranger wave its fan and said "your plan is a failure. These gentlemen should not underestimate His highness Emperor as he is not an easy opponent,... Don't tell me, that you've forgot what the emperor did to the three officials that oppose him eight years ago?"

One of the official pointed his finger to the stranger and said courageously "Who are you!?"

The stranger chuckle and said. "My identity doesn't matter. What will matter is, I will be taking over this mission. Rest assured court officials; I, Chang Han shall accomplish this in no time."

Hearing the familiar name, the old officials eagerly exchange glances and with no hesitation, they agreed for the idea. The stranger smiled sweetly as it closed its fan and walk away gracefully.

In the old officials minds, what is that person doing here?

Back to the fight in the forest, KT Xi still didn't disappoint the emperor, though he is wounded, he still manage to disarm the enemies he was facing.

Though he seems to be calm on the surface, KT Xi is actually bothered by his own situation. Every single time that he glance to where the emperor stands, he will always see the emperor pointedly glare at him like he is studying him for some reason. For that, KT Xi's fighting stances are a little bit clumsy.

Seeing the unwanted result of the battle, the Captain is fuming to himself with a clinch fist, he harshly grab the sword from the closest ally -which caused the guy to slightly stumble, then walk through the fights as he occasionally swing the swords to every nearby enemy soldiers.

KT Xi quickly notice the deadly man among all the warriors that are fighting and his distraction quickly went away in a flash. His eyes shows killing intent that went unnoticed by the shadow guard's opponent, his opponent was slightly shaken, but before he could recover, he was already sliced by KT Xi's Katana.

The captain abruptly stop as a man dressed in black -with a mask covering his face is arrogantly standing on his way. The short tempered Captain instantly wanted to explode.

KT Xi smirk as the captain of their enemy is fuming in rage now; in addition, he himself is providing the fuel of this ill-tempered boss's madness. He really can't wait to see this captain fight him in this battle.

The Emperor who is watching the shadow guard fight from the start till now, smirk in a mysterious way.

{(8/13/2018)... 3:53am}

(*^^*)//Aiya!!! Me again... I would like to give an AUTHOR'S NOTE...

All the chapters that I've published so far are all a draft. I did not edit them yet so please don't mind all those mistake on grammars, spellings or... Anything,... I'm saying this because I wrote -most importantly this chapter half-awake. And the others,... Well, out of a little free time that I had.~v( ̄∇ ̄)v... I guess I'll edit them once I finished the story.

AND if anyone has a question they want to ask about the story, feel free to ask me, I'll answer them based on the information that I've disclosed so far in the next chapter. Also, I won't answer those questions that will spoil the story.👍(*'﹀'*)