Chapter 26

When they arrive, the two of them alone enter the Emperor's bed chamber with only a hue of orange from the candles Illuminating the grandiose room.

The Shadow guard righteously stand in the side, waiting for the Emperor's order.

Gao Xue Long calmly raise his arm in a T-motion. KT Xi knows what the posture mean, the Emperor is expecting to be serve by someone. Looking over the double door, he didn't hear any sound of footsteps from any servants who should be coming over; and so, he realize that it is part of his mission to serve the Emperor as well.

Thus, KT Xi step forward and work his hands to remove the emperor's robe, he carefully unfasten the belt first then following after is the knots that hold the robes together. The two white Imperial night robe is already prepared and is placed flatly on the bed; hence, the shadow guard just took the bigger one -which he is sure of that belonged to the Emperor then skillfully dressed the passively-standing-still Emperor. Afterwards, the shadow guard walk around the emperor -as the said man drop his arms to let it rest by his side, KT Xi's both hands raise directly towards the Emperor's hair. Ever so slowly, he remove the hairpin and few ornaments that holds the silky silver hair in place, which right after, pool down like a tranquil water behind the Emperor's back.

Ironically, KT Xi did a very excellent job in serving the Emperor, like he is a housewife that serve her husband for many years.

The shadow guard's gaze fell into the other night robe on the bed, according to its size and the seemingly identical design to the Emperor, it is for the Empress to wear.

But no, he will never wear that. Even when their first night together, KT Xi just wore his black clothes and sat in the dark corner -guarding the sleeping Emperor in which, as far as he could remember, it was still a few days ago, their first and the last since the second day after their marriage, he was sent out to execute his mission to capture the traitorous officials. Sigh

KT Xi bow as he cup his fist, "This small guard shall take my post your highness"

Gao Xue Long wave his sleeve and lie down on the bed as he said "Permitted"

The shadow guard bow for the last time before he turn to to walk away, but before he could reach the door, his footsteps pause as he remember something.

Glancing where the Emperor rest, KT Xi's eyes squinted, he closely observe the resting man if ever he could notice him (KT Xi) when he take what he left behind. Like a thief sneaking inside a mansion, the shadow guard stealthily walk to the Emperor's bed -where his black clothes was toast under it then bend over to grab it, KT Xi groan to himself when he can't feel the clothes anywhere he swipe his hand.

Too focused in finding his clothes, the shadow guard carelessly forgot that the Emperor is still conscious of his surroundings.

The moment a footstep close in to the bed, Gao Xue Long was already alert from those movement, when the sound transfer under his bed, he unconsciously frown, his eyelids slowly open and a dark cold eyes slowly appear.

His gaze shifted to his left side and what he saw is a slightly visible red hill -from his perspective. And in other word, a slightly distinguished butt of the shadow guard who was kneeling on the ground while bending over to do something under the bed.

Without a change of expression, the Emperor's flat and low tone resounded "Tian Xi"

The shadow guard was too surprise that when he jerk up, the back of his head hit the bed causing a loud thud to sound accompanied with a silent groan from him. The Emperor calmly watch the shadow guard who briskly stand and bow deeply "This small guard is willing to accept His Highness's punishment!"

KT Xi was answered with silence, but he didn't dare to look up at the emperor knowing that he could be in great trouble. Just where is his clothes anyway!?

"Ya An already took the thing that you hid" The Emperor emotionlessly said.

The emperor knew!???

"Egh..." KT Xi's expression became blank "pardon my reckless self your highness"

Someone took it already!!! WHO???

"Ya An shall take care of you" The Emperor said before he once again close his eyes and sleep.

KT Xi bow respectfully and back up, he climb up to the same pillar as before then remove a tile roof, the shadow guard -who is still wearing a Royal robe leap into the same tree and went on to the darkness.

Finally out, the shadow guard release a breath which he didn't know that he was holding and sigh, he don't know what happen back there.

Ya An... Who is Ya An? I probably need to go to Alpha and ask, he probably knows who this individual is.

As KT Xi land in another tree branch, he suddenly felt a very dark and powerful presence. The shadow guard immediately draw a dagger hidden at his back and stop in that tree then jump down to the ground.

In front of him is a man who is slightly hidden in the dark, his face is covered with a veil and a green robe which is definitely a great match for his lean yet powerful physique, in addition to his overall appearance is the folding fan in his hand.

A gentle chuckle could be heard, but KT Xi with his cold gaze never waver from this powerful and mysterious person right before him. "Identify yourself!" The shadow guard yell,

Seeing the beautiful Empress once again, he can't help but chuckle as he spoke with the same eerie voice "This individual is most known as Chang Han"

{(9/11/2018)... 7:01pm}

(/ω\) gosh, it's a cliffhanger... Why do I really like a cliffhanger!!!????