Chapter 50

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)update early.😁. Anyway, try guessing the character above 😉

*******

KT Xi bend his knee and slashed his sword down below the Imperial Noble Consort's chest. Rui Wei immediately see through the attack and flip her sword to her other hand while she draw a knife hidden under her skirt.

Both sword clash with great impact. She forcefully throw his sword to the side as she use her knife to strike KT Xi's chest. The latter did a black flip; launching his legs up with a force and kicking her knife from her hand, causing it to be thrown up into the air.

Rui Wei's frown deepen as she ignore the knife that fell into the snow and throws a combination of strikes to KT Xi.

The shadow guard continue to flip back three times while Rui Wei continue her assault. He stop, on his knees, then counter her attack with a forceful strikes aiming to her neck. Gritting her teeth, she forced herself to step back as she defend herself in each side with the tables turn. KT Xi start to throws attacks to her with his own combination of strikes, skilfully manipulating his sword.

Each fierce clash of their swords sends vibrations in their hands that slowly numbs their hold.

As Rui Wei took another step back, her foot is unable to step onto a secured ground causing her to stumble and fall back into the ground with a thud. KT Xi raise his sword up then swing it down with a force. Rui Wei's gaze went to the upcoming sword and immediately roll into the side. KT Xi's sword crash into the snow with a hiss.

The Imperial Noble Consort counter by swing her sword to KT Xi's legs which the latter avoid it by jumping up.

Rui Wei took this chance to stand on her feet then hop back, away from the aggressive Empress' attack range.

With the howl of the wind, the two pause on their places while gazing into each others eyes.

Rui Wei is slightly panting whereas KT Xi have beads of sweat on his forehead due to his heavy clothes.

When a gush of winter wind caress the two, KT Xi swiftly swing his sword, spinning it quickly as Rui Wei attack and the two fight fiercely once again.

The two exchanges a lot of combinations of offenses and defences that causes the resting snow that they're stepping into to fly in every direction. It lasted too long before their sword itself gave up due to their forces.

They clashed with a loud hiss and both simultaneously splits in half.

KT Xi swiftly turn his head to the side and nearly avoided Rui Wei's broken blade that shoot towards his face; it flew pass his cheeks that left a little cut and collided with a tree, then fall into the snow, leaving a scar on the tree with its impact.

Meanwhile, Rui Wei is one seconds late as KT Xi's broken blade shoot into her shoulder and pierce through her clothes and buried into her flesh.

The two glares into each other's eyes then jump back two meters away from where they originally stand. Rui Wei sneer as she grab the end of broken in her shoulder and harshly took it out. She could only grit her teeth as the wound bleeds and pours down to the white ground.

KT Xi examine the sword on his hand, the once straight blade is now filled with rough cuts of its sharp edge. Its fine straight cut in the end is the clear indication of the brutal force that they give during their exchange.

His eyebrow raise while staring at it, the Imperial Noble Consort indeed live up to the expectations of her family. The way she throws her attacks and stand on her defense is really a tactic of a great soldier in a battle. He then close his eyes with a gentle sigh, the side of his lips raising a little as he thought to himself, why do I have a feeling that I have a great disadvantage of this fight... True to his thought, KT Xi is reminded by the weight of his clothes that took a great amount of energy from the usual.

He blankly looks at the imperial noble consort standing before him, if he wasn't wearing such heavy clothes, he might have had a chance to win this fight, or they might engage into a much fierce battle considering that his enemy might still be hiding something up her sleeves.

Rui Wei too looks at him, she sneer and throw her broken sword to the side as well as the bloody blade.

The shadow guard glance down to his broken sword then toss it to the side. He bend, on knees into the ground as he draw a dagger hidden in his other legs boots, while also maintaining eye contact.

Rui Wei smirk as she draw the straight hairpin that knots her hair into place, resulting her straight jet-black hair to let loose, cascading behind her back like a dark pools. Then she flick the hairpin. "The battle has just begun." She rasp, her gorgeous hairpin suddenly turn into a blade.

KT Xi -with his ever so constant blank face raise an eyebrow as he cock his head to the side, his eyes revealing a restrained bloodlust from seeping out. Eh.... Should I be serious now? He chuckle darkly. "Agreed"

As their battle became heated with loud roars from the people watching, which of course was unheard within the dome, LD Stigma who was also on duty and is blending in to the dark ceiling as he guard while watching the fight. Although he is a bit crazy and idiotic, he can't help but be sentimental as he remembers those younger days, in which KT Xi would always frown to them as he hug his pillow tightly, then be a cute tsundere as he ask them where he'll be sleeping at when he first arrive as a new apprentice.

At that time, it was still GL Alpha, AF Kappa, DS Theta and Himself (LD Stigma) were recruited as the apprentices of the former shadow guards. Just from the look of his eyes, the four apprentices were immediately aware that the new Xi had saw hell not long ago. LD Stigma was kind of curious about the young KT Xi whom was introduced by DM Xi -the late emperor's shadow guard as his apprentice and in training for the next emperor, but because he know that he'd been through something like hell not long, he calmed and told himself that he understood where the kid is from so he won't annoy him for the time being.  His guarded stare and his stiff muscle is the clear indication for that.

Back then, GL Alpha was still a smug kid that will always looks down at everyone (when it says looks down, it literally means raised head and eyes down) which earns him the fame as the spoiled-cocky brat of WQ Alpha. And AF Kappa -as the oldest was constantly out with his master to train and gain experiences, which lacks him time to hang out with them. And DS Theta was shy and socially awkward so he mostly shy away from everyone and hide inside his room.

Which left the clumsy Stigma apprentice as the kid that the Xi apprentice could turn to.

He remember how he have to convince the tsundere Xi apprentice to join him into training as the kid continuously glare at him like he is reading his soul if he could be trusted before he nods and joins him.

As he watch KT Xi expertly use his dagger to attack the Imperial Noble Consort, LD Stigma's heart suddenly clench as he remembers those nostalgic times.

{(1/2/2019)... 6:18pm}

😅sorry guys, I tried to finish the fight. But it seems like it's too long. (/ω\)