Chapter 11

As the sun reach its peak, batch of lovely ladies enter the palace gate with grace in their every move. KT Xi was guided by the three palace maids to the Peace palace (-the palace of the Empress Dowagers) for him to wait. then they quickly left right after, leaving KT Xi alone with the other girls in the gate.

In a certain hallway of the Empress Dowager's palace, the sound of the chimes gently sung with the air. Royal Guard Alma glance at the Emperor who is standing proudly in his place then back to the girls who are eagerly waiting outside the Peace palace.

He really can't predict what the emperor is thinking at this moment. Glancing one more time, Alma follow the Emperor's line of sight and end up to a girl wearing a dark purple robe. Royal Guard Alma slightly frown but didn't comment out loud, only thinking to himself. Maybe the Emperor is having a second thought. Or maybe he like that girl he is starin

"Alma,"

Royal guard Alma -like he didn't think of anything about the Emperor back then straighten his back and reply in a blank face "Yes your Highness"

The Emperor glance at Alma then back to back to that certain girl "Investigate Shadow Guard KT Xi thoroughly, This Emperor want to know all the details"

Though he is doubtful, Alma still nod and replied "yes your Highness"

A silence came, Alma's lips form a thin line then ask respectfully. "May this subject know why the Emperor is interested with Shadow guard Xi?"

The Emperor didn't speak making Royal Guard Alma hesitate, but before he could take back what he said, the Emperor replied.

"Have you heard about the people that lived in the Tears village?"

Alma frown and think, the Tears Village is where the dark war ended. All the people that reside there had died without survivor,... Might be good because those people are very dangerous— But before he could connect his question to the emperor's reply, the Emperor cut in as he added "... This shadow guard, might be their descendant"

Alma's head jerk up as his eyes widen, he stare at the Emperor then uttered to himself  "Tears Village... KT Xi?"

The Emperor turn and walk away mightily. Royal guard Alma blink then hastily follow behind.

After waiting for about half an hour, the sound of the bells rung. All the girls perk up in anticipation, some would check their hair, some would look down on their robes, and some would be checking their overall appearance. On the other hand, a certain lady who is dressed in a conservative robe stand aside from the girls quietly. That girl... No, that boy is KT Xi, he is dressed in a darkish purple robe with only a light make up and ornament. The others that saw him were all very envious, but seeing the little hill on her chest, the girls gained their confidence. Yes she is one of the most beautiful being from everyone else, but the Empress Dowager wouldn't want to have an Empress for the Emperor that is a flat and thin woman right? Thinking about it, a certain girl boasted her chest and flip her hair to the side.

KT Xi -who is unaware of the girls attention on him can't help but feel irritated by his boobs -or should we say, the cabbage on his chest as its little presence keep on bugging him every single time!

If it wasn't for those convincing words that the girls said to him, he might not be in this kind of situation at all, Damn it!.

He will never forget what they said to him at that time!,

"We have to put two cabbages on your chest," The smallest among the palace maids said as she stare at KT Xi closely. The other maid who is applying the make up nod as she lean back to observe KT Xi. The other maid nod as well with a giggle, she said "we wouldn't want the Empress Dowager to see those... Ahem, flat chest as a weakness now are we?"

The subject of their discussion -KT Xi have black lines on his face, if he is given a chance, he would shout "I'M NOT A GIRL TO BEGIN WITH!!!"

Sighing to himself, KT Xi walk among the girls as they went inside the Peace Palace.

The bell stop ringing, when they got inside the room, they saw a line of eunuchs and maids standing near by an old woman and a middle age woman who are dressed in Royal robes, the two women sat gracefully on the erected platform with elegance, the sign of their superiority among all their people.

The old woman has a gentle smile on her lips as she scan all the ladies before her, the lines of age are only slightly visible. She look to the middle age Empress dowager beside her and smile "My what a lovely flowers we have here, don't you think so Empress dowager." She said in a smooth and gentle tone.

The Empress dowager slowly nod and said in a gentle tone as well "Yes, Grand Empress Dowager." She scan all the ladies who are respectfully standing there and smile "My dear Son Emperor will Finally have a hand to hold for the rest of his life" She turn to the Grand Empress Dowager and added "How about we begin now" The Grand Empress Dowager agreed and a eunuch hand over a scroll to her, she open it with care then read its content silently. After she read them, she hand them to the middle aged Empress and face the ladies who are bowing before her.

She gently cough then spoke in firm tone that matches her serious expression "Our land is forge with blood and fire, our ancestor fought for our country with the guidance of the Emperors.
All the Emperors then and now had lead us with his wisdom, he is a powerful man that protected us all in every invaders attempting to rob our empire; nonetheless, a house needs a pillar, a brush needs an ink, the plant needs the soil. And his Highness, needs his Empress. This thorough process of selection shall be strictly handled by the Empress (Emperor's Mother) and I carefully, we shall be overseeing this with rules. Now, for the Health test. One by one, you will all go to the test room in the west wing and shall be fully inspected by the Royal physician"

KT Xi's eyes widen, inspect— it is not a full body inspection right!?

{(8/16/2018)... 4:33pm}

😁👋Shoutout to the people who are dying from all the mystery that I hinted. Haha😂😂, I did put a "MysteryRomance" On the tag. Sorry for that guys. Good luck in finding out who KT Xi really is. Hehe