Chapter 9

(*^^*)//Aiya! As promised, This is for the two readers that ask a question.

  Winter14Gfrost : I would like to ask. It's about the emperor's harem. What are they really addressed as? Concubine or consort? Because at the end of chapter 2, Alma mention something like noble consort... Something like that.  –Well, for me I get the idea of classifying the emperor's ladies based on the history of ancient China,... so everyone will addressed them based on their ranks... To be clear, this is the status that they could become... This is from the highest to the lowest rank and how many ladies could have these status.
1.) Of course we have
      One Empress
2.) One Imperial noble Consort
3.) Two Noble Consort
4.) Four Consorts
5.) Six Imperial Concubines
6.) Unlimited Noble Ladies
7.) Unlimited First Class Female attendant; and
8.) Unlimited Second Class Female Attendant.
(*^^*)//

   FrozenScale: How many shadow guards does the emperor have. Why are their names like that? –actually, there's a reason why their names are like that, first off, I actually wanted to use numbers, the problem is, I don't know the Mandarin numbers, aaand I feel like it's quite cliche, so lets give a little bit of mix, I use another one that I know which is the Greeks(though I kinda selected them).
Then there's the first name, there is also a reason why I named them like that, -for example is our protagonist's name starts with KT or the others starts with QE, AF, RD, CH... Etc... Hehe(*´﹀'*)the reason will be revealed during the progress of the story.
And there are 20 shadow guards that the emperor have. They are:
GL Alpha
** Beta
** Gamma
YU Delta
** Epsilon
LD Stigma
** Zeta
QE Eta
** Theta
** Iota
AF Kappa
RD Lambda
** Mu
** Nu
KT Xi Our protagonist
** Omicron
** Pi
CH Koppa
** Rho
** Upsilon
The ** means that they were not  mentioned yet in the story.

┌(┌^o^)┐ hopefully that helped guys.

(*^^*)// BACK TO THE STORY

The Captain shrug the sword in the air causing the blood on it to splatter on the ground. His expression is rough as his thick beard ranges from his ear into the other. His body oozes "be scared of me" that greatly matched his big buff body. Some warriors are even shaken by his intimidating aura.

In his most dominating voice he said "A mere guard blocking my way... Don't you know who I am!? I am Rogue Fang! No one. I mean NO ONE! Will block my way!"

KT Xi on the other hand -to fuel the rage of his opponent act out like a carefree man, he lazily took out a dagger hidden on his legs then grasp the handle of his katana -completely ignoring the blabbering old man.

As KT Xi wipe his dagger with his sleeves, the other man who saw this uncaring behavior, snapped and lunged with a roar, he raised his ragged sword above his head then applied a great force that could crashed a fragile object on its path. In a blink of an eye, KT Xi lost his leisure as his pair of eyes darkly sharpen and a dagger quickly flew towards the Captain. Rogue Fang -who was only five feet away from KT Xi didn't expect such attack and quickly lost his momentum, he used his right arm to shield himself then the dagger halfway through thrust into it, pool of blood slowly snake down, the sword he was holding crashed into the ground.

The shadow guard vanished from his sight, panic rose as he look around from left to right. In a flash, a blade pierced through his back then penetrated to his chest. Rogue Fang collapse on the ground with blood gushing out like a pool of water. KT Xi -standing before the man at the very moment is like a devil. His eyes are dark while it scan the surrounding creepily. The enemy soldiers felt KT Xi's pressure and immediately retreated.

Rogue Fang, a notorious killer and feared leader of the infamous hired bandits, died that easily. Everyone will see this as a shock, but for the Emperor -those little move that the shadow guard did greatly confirmed his speculation. He coldly gaze at the shadow guard who -at this very moment is surrounded with slightly visible dark smoke and little ashes floating around him. Most people won't see it, but the emperor clearly did, which cause the same smirk to appear once again.

As what the Emperor said, they arrived at Fen Village a bit late from their scheduled time. Their arrival is very praise worthy that the people who're watching would be able to comprehend that this procession is for a high status man. The scene is like this; two lines of green robed imperial Guards march in front with weapons on their possession. One high ranking eunuch is following beside the carriage with another high ranking guard -a Royal guard to be precise walk with him side by side, following behind the carriage is another low ranking eunuchs with another twenty palace maids behind, then another sets of imperial guards are marching behind the procession with only few stray Imperial guards riding in horses as they either go front, go to the side, or go to the front to maintain their formation; and finally is the majestic carriage that is located in the middle of their formation, the carriage is purely made with expensive materials that people wouldn't be able to take their eyes off for a second.

The citizens of the village kowtow immediately as the emperor's carriage passed by and headed to the village Magistrate's manor.

KT Xi jumped from one roof to the other, then hide behind the trees as the Emperor step down from his carriage. Being in his usual post, KT Xi could finally breath with ease. Back then, after their enemy retreated, KT Xi was once again summoned by the emperor to stand inside his tent all alone with him(emperor), KT Xi -at that very moment is very uncomfortable as he (the emperor) only kept his silence and observe him for the longest time since the last time.

Finally, the Emperor cut the silence "This Emperor permit you to go back to your post" He said in a rather cold manner.

Hearing it, KT Xi wanted to celebrate the whole year, he imagine that he will light a lot of fireworks and gaze up in the sky as the blasts represents his blasting joy for this order that he got, just knowing that he won't be threatened every time the emperor walk near him is like life that he lost for a long time.

"Remember to report to GL Alpha" The Emperor said before he turn and went to his bed for a rest.

KT Xi bow and left the tent with his stoic stature. His mood went down to drain as he remember one thing, he is still waiting for the merciful Emperor to punish him.

Four busy days finally pass with nothing exciting occur from those past few days, the Emperor didn't call KT Xi which is why, KT Xi believe that the Emperor had forgotten him, it's not that KT Xi is sad that the emperor have forgotten him, it's more like, he is happy to know that he is back to his usual life.

Finally back in the Capital city, KT Xi stare blankly at the door as he face GL Alpha's office, remembering the things that he did to his own master, then the last order of the emperor to him, KT Xi made up his mind. He close his eyes and took a deep breath... I'm prepared to die.

{(8/14/2018)... 11:50am}