Chapter 48

TONY

"Dr Tony, I have checked Mr Kennels. I checked his vital signs and he is better than yesterday. He has eaten all the medicines prescribed and doesn't act aggresively anymore," a nurse named Michael Woods reported to me.

I frowned. "You should check the patients accordingly. Why did you check Mr Kennels at this hour? He should sleep this time," I found it's odd.

"Oh. This morning, I received the call from his guardian that they will pay him a visit during the hour that I should check on Mr Kennels. That's why I have to carry over to this afternoon so that Mr Kennels can be visited by his guardians," Michael replied.

I raised my eyebrow. "As far as I could remember, he doesn't have any guardians. From the beginning he entered this place until now, no one ever meet him," I was suspicious of something. "Do you have the caller's number? Info?" I asked.

"Sorry, Dr Tony. I don't have," Michael replied.

"It's okay. Tell all the staffs to keep an eye on Mr Kennels. We didn't know what would happen to him," I reminded him.

-

CARTER

"Good afternoon, welcome to NovaCare rehabilitations. May I help you?" A staff I assumed, named as Bernard, based on the name embroidered on his uniform, asked.

"I want to visit Diane Winter," I said. Probably, everyone was keeping an eye on Mr Kennels so probably, they don't get any suspicion of my actions towards Diane. Mr Kennels is one of my former friends but we didn't contact each other for almost 20 years now.

"And you are?" He asked.

"I'm Richard, her boss," I told him and he nodded. Moron. Ask for my ID, idiot!

"I will bring her here, you can wait at the waiting room," he showed me the way towards the waiting room.

"Okay," I walked towards the waiting room and took a seat on the comfy couch. I took out my phone and dialled one of my troops' numbers.

"Hello, boss?" Sam asked.

"I am in the waiting room. Tell Vicky to follow you and go to visit Kennels. I will bring Diane once their visions and focuses distracted," I told him.

"Okay," Sam hang up the call. After a minute, Diane appeared. She widened her mouth and her eyes as soon as she saw me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked fearfully.

"Long time no see," I crossed my legs and looked at her who was shaking.

"What do you want?" She asked. As I approached, she tried to open the door but I push it harder and locked the door behind her immediately.

"What do I want? Why do you want to know? You can fulfill that?" I asked as I leaned closer to her.

"I saw the news yesterday. Your name is listed in the wanted list by police, right? You are suspected to involve in the Louis Daniels's carbon monoxide cases, right?" After she asked those questions, I slapped her harder.

She fell on the floor and I immediately took out a thick rope and tied her hand from her back and taped her mouth. A second later, I heard the noises from the outside. Sam and Vicky might have did what they should do. So, I covered Diane with my jacket and brought her to my car.

-

CHRIS

"I will find him. I promise, I will be back and Diane will be fine," I said. I looked at her and nodded to ensure her that I would be back safely.