Chapter 4

CHRIS

Katherine was admitted to a nearby clinic for further examination after I had done the abdominal thrusts. Madam Aubrey, principal of the school and Katherine's friend, Eleanor also came to the clinic.

"Thank you, um- for helping Kate," Eleanor said after realizing how silent the clinic was after the incident.

"Yeah, thank you so much! You're really a saviour, Chris," Madam Aubrey added. By the mention of the word 'Chris', Eleanor seems surprised.

"It's fine, I'm glad I could help her," I tried to ignore her reaction. Maybe Katherine had already told her about that night.

When a doctor comes out of her consultation room, all of us surrounded him and we waited for his statement.

"Hi, I'm Dr Niall," he gave us a wide smile. "May I know, who performed the Heimlich manoeuvre to Miss Katherine Miller?" He asked.

"Me," I was terrified to answer but after all, I was the one who performed it. I was scared if anything happened to her.

Dr Niall nodded and smiled. "It's a good decision to bring her here anyway. I have done the further checkup and I can say that she's fine. The choking is not severe," he explained.

"Thank God," Eleanor relieved.

"Some of the patients might get either aspiration pneumonia or internal injuries or airway injuries, but I have checked her and she's fine. Well, not all heroes wear capes. Sometimes, he wears a t-shirt and plays basketball," Dr Niall said and he winked at me.

Madam Aubrey pat my back and Eleanor smiled at me. "How did you know I play basketball?" I asked.

Dr Niall pointed out on my t-shirt. Damn, it's written, 'Don't Mess With Rayhawks' and a basketball logo. He had points though.

Then, Katherine exited the consultation room and I met her in her eyes. She seems so surprised but quickly she pulled her gaze away. Eleanor helped her to walk out of the clinic followed by Madam Aubrey. All of us entered my car and I started the engine. Katherine seems tired by the look of her face through the rear-view mirror in my car.

-

KATHERINE

The whole scene during the recess was quite blurry and baffling, I barely remember every single detail of it except, when I looked at Chris after he saved me. I didn't want him to involve in my life anymore but why he was the person who saved me? Why he was there? He said we were in the same school that could bring two meanings. First, he was the senior of the school or second, we were at the same age but he was transferred to another school. But, the second reason was way too weak because if he was transferred, why the heck he was at my school's cafeteria and how he could decide to sleep with me when he is underage? So, the first reason is the core one. Anyway, I didn't want to meet him or have any connection with him anymore.

I took a bowl of salad from the refrigerator then I laid my back on the sofa and open my favourite tv show, F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

A few minutes later, Diane climbed down the stair. "Dinner yet?" Dianne asked. I showed her the bowl of fruit salad and she nodded. "Please be careful, next time okay?" She advised. I nodded.

Then, a consecutive knock echoed the living room.

"Coming," Diane yelled. Knowing that I was tired, she opened the doorknob, stepped outside and closed the door behind her so she wouldn't bother me. One of the traits that I like from Diane. She had that common sense and she knew I love to stay unbothered especially when I felt like I didn't want to talk. Several minutes later, she came in. "A guy named Chris wanted to see you," Diane said.