Chapter 50

KATHERINE

"Good morning, Mr Samuels," I said as I put a plate of waffles on the table for him. He smiled at me while pouring tea into his cup.

"How are you feeling today? Better?" He asked as he bit a waffle.

"Yah, thanks," I smiled at him before Eleanor tapped me at my shoulder twice.

"Come on, let's eat," Eleanor pulled a chair beside her father and Mrs Samuels took a seat opposite to me.

"I wonder, what the headline of today's news," Mrs Samuels said as she took a bite of a fresh strawberry.

"That's weird," Mr Samuels scoffed.

"What?" Eleanor asked.

"Your mom. She never cared about the news once before but," he was cut off when Mrs Samuels pinched him at his palm.

"I cared about her," Mrs Samuels replied and I chuckled softly.

"Go get a room or something," Eleanor interrupted.

"Shocking news from Chicago last week, the founder of The Daniels, Louis Daniels has passed away due to fourth stage liver cancer. Now, we got to continue with the investigation into the death of Mr Daniels and the new details about the suspect, Carter Rodriguez who are currently facing the first degree murder chargers. My fellow reporter, Alex Viking is there in the Cook County Criminal Court," the reporter said.

And then, the place of the news was shifted to a court. "Good morning, everyone. Today, I am at the Cook County Criminal Court and we found out that the numbers of people that involve with Carter's crimes is actually more that we expected. This morning, the images of Carter Rodriguez went viral and a lot of people started to make speculations out of them. The trial has ended a few minutes ago and we got the chance to interview Mr Ford, a sheriff in Chicago. Good morning, Mr Ford," the reporter pass the microphone to the Sheriff.

"Good morning," the sheriff said.

"Can you share with us a bit about the things that happened in the court just now?" She asked.

"Yes, sure. I couldn't tell details as it is confidential. But for now, the polices are still investigating the cases and they also tried their best to find every person that involve with the suspects. The first trial went well but the court couldn't sentence him yet as we didn't have enough proof," he replied. "Anyway, there are also some rumours sparked regarding the carbon monoxide cases and I want to clarify that there were Carter's fingerprints and some of his alliances but we couldn't assume anything yet. We also have taken the statement from Mr Daniels's son about the oocyte cryopreservation and human trafickking that the suspects were accused of."

"They will figure out about that sooner," Mrs Samuels brought our focus and attentions from the news to her.

"How are you so sure about that?" Mr Samuels asked her wife. "There are a lot of his alliances out there. Maybe they can be all around the world. That's impossible," he added.

"Be sure, the polices will do their best. To bring Louis Daniels to the justice," Mrs Samuels replied.

And then, my phone vibrated and I checked it. It was a voicemail from Chris.