Chapter 19

"So how was Kentucky, so far?" I asked after waiting for him to give me a call. I was laying on my back on the bed and putting my legs on the head side of the bed.

"It's really fabulous! The tournament will be held at the Rupp Arena," he said.

"What time is it now in Kentucky?" I asked.

"It's 6.09 a.m. What time is it now in Chicago?" He asked.

I carved a smile. "Um... 5.09 a.m." I replied.

"So do you have any plan on what you're going to do today?" He asked again. "It's weekend," he added.

"I will watch you tonight, on tv," I said.

"I miss you, Grace. Wish you were here," He exclaimed.

"Me too. Anyway, have a nice day! Goodluck for your tournament tonight," I said.

"Thanks, Grace. You too, have a nice day!" He said that before he put down the call.

After that, I continued to sleep until my alarm woke me up at 8.00 am and I climbed down the stairs after taking my shower. Diane was still asleep in her room so I decided to prepare breakfast. I took a sharp knife to use it for cutting the skin and white pith off all the oranges, and then I sliced them into thin slices. Then, I placed all the orange slices in a large mixing bowl. After that, I added the thin slices of fennel and red onion and drizzled them with vinaigrette. I tossed them gently to combine them together, and lastly, I added the avocados before serving them up in two plates.

"Morning, Kate," Diane climbed down the stair while she was still half-awake. She washed her face with tap water in the sink at the kitchen and then, she took a seat at the dining table. "Gosh, I told you don't even try to make breakfast," Diane chuckled softly.

I laughed because I knew how much she prohibited me to make any meal alone because I would end up making a healthy, foreign and fewer calories meal.

"What? It's good, though," I insisted.

"Okay, tell me what are you doing, young lady," she said in a British accent. I knew where this led to. She was mimicking Gordon Ramsay, she did that every time I cooked.

"Okay, Diane Ramsay. This is orange, fennel and avocado salad. It contains approximately 431 kcal, vitamin A, C, calcium, iron yada yada," I explained and then I half-laughed.

"Did he call you?" Diane asked.

"Who?" I frowned as I took a seat beside her.

"Your boyfriend, Chris," she answered.

"Oh... yeah. He gave me a call this morning. I was half-awake when he called. Um... by the way, when you're going to the airport?" I asked.

"11.30 a.m. I'm going there with my colleagues," she answered and then, she looked at me. "Why?" She asked. "Another party?" She pinched me at my waist.

"No!!!" I avoided her hand. "I don't have plans to go anywhere for these two days, anyway," I explained.

"Really?" She asked.

"What? Look like I'm lying to you?" I shortened the gap of our head to look into her eyes furiously.

"No, I don't," she chuckled.