Chapter 31

Eleanor showed me her surroundings which were breezy and serene through Skype. Diane was not home because she had to stay overtime at her office. Meanwhile, Eleanor was having fun with her family and Lucas's during their vacation. I could scrutinize at her background that Eleanor's and Lucas's parents are having fun swimming in the beach.

"How's there? Exciting?" I looked at the mirth appeared on Eleanor's face.

"It's really great! You should come here sometimes! This is the best vacation I have ever had," Eleanor said joyfully.

"Of course, it is," I smiled widely.

"Yesterday, something terrible happened to me," she said.

"What was that?" I asked.

She chuckled softly. "I misplaced my passport and my ID when we were at the airport. And then, we have to search for it everywhere because I couldn't recall that I put my stuff in his bag. Mr Jeremy checked in the car, Mrs Evans checked in the toilet meanwhile Lucas and I searched for it in our bags. Turned out, it was in Lucas's bag. And, I'm still embarrassed about that moment," she explained.

I laughed a bit. "Don't be," I said.

Then, Lucas came behind her back and wrapped his arm around Eleanor's shoulder and looked at me in her phone.

"Katie!" He waved at me.

"Hi, Lucas! Are you having fun?" I asked.

He looked at Eleanor's eyes. "Of course," he grinned and planted a kiss on Eleanor's lips.

"Go get a room!" I pretended that I was disgusted by their action.

Both of them laughed by my reaction. "Wish you were here, Kate. Anyway, I have bought a souvenir for you. So, don't worry," Eleanor said.

I chuckled softly. "I should say... thanks?" I laughed a bit. "Got to go, I have to clean myself. Talk to you later."

CHRIS

It was a week after I met Grace so, I decided to show up in front of her tonight. I wanted to explain to her and confronted her again. I didn't know what was getting into my mind that I decided to tell her that our relationship was mere nothingness. I knocked on the door but no reply.

"What is this?" I took a letter that was stuck between the door.

Behind the letter was written with 'I will find you'. Nervously, I tore it open and looked at what was inside. Her picture that was marked with X, her picture with me at the hotel and a note saying that 'No matter what happens'.

"What the fuck?" I shouted because someone immediately came to my mind. Carter. He was probably sending her this. Repeatedly, I knocked on the door. "Grace! Open the door!" I shouted. I was afraid if something bad happened to her. "Grace!" I knocked even harder. I took out my phone from my pocket and dialled Carter's number. "Where the heck is she?" I mumbled and I could hear his phone was ringing from her room's window upstairs.

I was stunned, scared of what could happen to Grace and I gasped.

"Grace!" I turned the knob harshly a few times so it could be opened but none of it worked. "Grace! Open the fucking door!" I yelled as I knocked continuously on the door.

"Did something happen?" Her neighbour came out to see what was going on.

"Call 911," I told her and I immediately climbed up the window from the living room. I held on to everything that I could so I would not fall. When I reached her window, I nearly slipped but I held tight onto the steel and made it to reach there.

"Hey! Go down! It's dangerous," the neighbour was shouting. "Be careful!" She shouted as I tried to open the window while holding on to the window frame.