Chapter 13

When we arrived, Chris and I both stepped out of the car and amazed by the resplendence of the amusement park. There were a lot of people especially teenagers like us, hanging out.

"So, what does Katherine Grace Winter wanna do?" he looked at me while we both standing at the entrance.

"There are so many things I wanna do," I said and smiled brightly at him.

So, we decided to go splitting a funnel cake first before riding anything. A mouthful of it which can be scooped up with my fingers and I fed into Chris's mouth and he did it too to me. There's a speck of dirt at the corner of his mouth, we both laughed as I tried to clean it. I knew how messy it might be.

Then, we rode the Ferris wheel to enjoy the sunset since it was prime time. Somehow, gazing at the scenery with Chris was oddly soothing. I told him about the science of nature and how I enjoyed learning it. I explained how sunset happened, why the colour was like that.

"Do you know why the sunset is red?" I asked him. He shook his head. "Within the visible range of light, red light waves are scattered the least by atmospheric gas molecules. So at sunrise and sunset, when the sunlight travels a long path through the atmosphere to reach our eyes, the blue light has been mostly removed, leaving mostly red and yellow light remaining."

Next, we rode the roller-coaster that was so compulsory. We yelled and shouted like crazy. He said that he enjoyed roller-coaster too much that we had to ride it thrice. We fed the fish at the lake. Also, we took the chance to taste the most luscious corn dog in the town and played a bunch of games. Both of us got a carbonated drink and we acted a love shot.

After finished having our times at the amusement park, he decided to take me to a beautiful spot in the town. A cliff that you could see anything on top of there. We stood beside each other.

"That's one of the best moments of my entire pathetic existence," she said after both of us shared our feelings about all the thrilling moments we had done there. We looked at each other afterwards after finished laughing.

"It was a fantastic night," I whispered while my eyes focused on the path and our matching steps.

"I have an incredible night too," Chris smiled and I could feel he looked at me. "My basketball match will be held on next weekend. I wish you could come," he said.

I looked at him with shock all around my face. "Really?" I want him to verify it.

"Yeah, absolutely," he insisted.

"You are really into basketball, huh?" I said it spontaneously. "I wish the same too, but Diane was busy with her work, she will fly to Florida next weekend," I added. "You sound like you're so close with your dad, by the way," I said.

"Of course, I am daddy's son. Just like I mentioned, my mom was a busy queen so we rarely spend time together. I lived with my dad and he was there when I grew up," I put all my attention to hear his story.

"What was the first thing that happened before he was diagnosed with lung cancer?" With intrepid, I asked.

"He fainted and then when he was admitted to an emergency room, the doctor told us that he had lung cancer," he said.

"How do you accept the news, and your mom?" I asked.

"We were in grief and fear for quite a long time. Especially me," he looked at me.

"Chris, actually you look like you fear nothing," I said, looking up to him although we had a disproportionate head because he was higher than me.

"No, I fear the roller coaster. Feel my heartbeat," He took my hand and put it on his chest the feel the heartbeat of him. It's pounding fast.