Chapter 37

Diane had to do some work for her transfer next year, so I spent my Sunday morning to buy groceries. I took a glance on the list that I made before taking the stuff from the shelves. Then, I pushed the trolley down the baking instrument and ingredients aisle only to bump into Judy.

"Katherine," she was elated to see me while holding a basket full of vegetables.

"Hi," I walked towards her and embraced her tightly.

"How are you?" Judy asked me after letting me go.

"I'm good. Thank you for asking," I carved a smile. "You come alone?" I asked.

She nodded. "Would you like to have lunch with me?" She offered.

"Um... no, thanks. I have work to do," I gently refused her offer.

"Katherine, I insist! I have things to talk with you. You know, just... woman to woman talk," she explained.

I bit my lower lip before I decided to nod. "Okay," I agreed with her.

After paying for the groceries, I put them in my car before I walked with Judy to the nearby restaurant. She insisted to treat me lunch as well because she said she felt owed to me.

"So, how's your prom? Was it great?" Judy asked as we took a seat at the dining table beside the glass window.

"Yah, it's unexpectedly incredible," I grinned while my hand was receiving the menu from the waiter. After my eyes scanned the whole menu, I glanced at the waiter and ordered, "An apple juice and..."

"Please give us Orange and Tomato Simmered Chicken with Couscous," she cut me off. "Trust me, it's delicious," she winked at me afterwards. The waiter left us after Judy ordered her beverage.

"This must be your regular place," I told her. She nodded.

"Chris told me yesterday that you guys went to prom together. I'm so happy to hear that," she smiled widely while reaching for my hand to pat it gently.

"It was nice of Chris to invite me actually," I clarified.

She nodded. "He really liked you," she sighed heavily. That statement made me stunned and frowned. "Too bad that it didn't work out," she smirked.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "I mean, we actually have come to terms that our relationship has ended," I clarified. "How's the investigation anyway?"

"Oh..." she chuckled a bit. "Um... it was quite pathetic actually. They have searched all around the house and didn't find any signs of evidence at all except for the thing that they put the combustion fumes kinda thing. I didn't really understand anyway," she chuckled again.

I nodded as a sign of understanding. "How long have you known Phoebe?" I eventually had the courage to ask her.

"Phoebe Rodriguez?" She asked and I nodded. "I think... about a year," she answered.

I didn't know why I felt betrayed. Not a single one of them ever told me about Phoebe and Chris when I was hanging out with him. "What is her relationship with Chris?" I cleared my throat and asked.

"She is his friend," she answered. Suddenly, the guilt appeared on her face. "Do you love him?" She looked at me as I was shocked by the question.

Needless to say, I still in love with him. "I used to love him," I lied but I managed to smile.

"How do you feel about Phoebe and Chris?" She asked again. I looked down on the table.

"I don't feel anything," I lied again. The truth was, I felt so jealous, furious and devastated when I found out about them.

Yesterday's You |18+|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara