Chapter 46

"BP 95/50 mmHg, body temperature is 37.5 degree celcius," Oliver told his companion who was standing beside him. "After this, you should eat. To help you elevate your blood pressure. If the pressure continued to be low, I'm afraid that it can be fatal," he said and I nodded.

Then, they left me and Chris alone at the ward. It was bloody awkward after the argument. "Oliver said that you can be discharged from the hospital tomorrow, so I will send you home," he said. I wanted to take a bottle of mineral water at the table but Chris blocked me. "I will take it for you."

He handed me the bottle and I drank it to quench my thirst. When he tried to leave, I pulled the hem of his sweatshirt to stop him. "Let's eat, I'm hungry," I said.

He nodded and smiled. "Okay," he said.

When I wanted to take Chris's jacket to put it on me, he blocked me again. "I will do it," he took his jacket and put it on me.

"Thanks," I whispered.

We walked by each other's side towards the cafe near the lobby. We didn't even talk when we were walking and it felt bloody awkward. When we had arrived, he pulled out a chair for me to sit and I obeyed.

"I will order some food, you just have to wait here, okay?" He told me.

I nodded. A few minutes later, he came back with a tray of two bowls of porridge and two bottles of mineral water.

"I wanted to order chicken porridge but, they said they only have plain porridges right now. So, I bought boiled eggs to be eaten with," he said as he passed me a bowl of porridge and a bottle of water.

"It's fine, as long as I can eat," I took my utensil and mixed the porridge. And then, I took one of the boiled eggs and broke it open. I separated the yellow egg yolk and gave it to Chris while Chris gave me the white egg.

"The bruises on your neck are still visible," he told me.

"Really?" I tried to touch my neck in case I felt any pain. "I guess, I didn't feel anything anymore," I fed myself with a spoonful of porridge.

"Why don't you stay at my home after this for a while? I'm afraid Carter will come find you again," he suggested.

I chuckled softly. "I will stay with Eleanor's, don't worry," I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded. "Her house has a high end security system. You don't have to worry," I continued to fed myself a spoonful of porridge.

He sighed heavily and took a bite of the egg yolk. "I'm glad that you didn't flinch or run away now," I turned my head up to look at him.

"I just..." I looked at him. "I just realized that I feel even safer around you, that's why," I quickly broke our eye contact and finished the porridge as soon as possible.

"Does this hospital has a curfew?" Chris asked out of sudden after he drank his water until its last drop.

"I don't know. Why?" I asked him.

He pulled my hand and he walked me out of the cafe straight to the bench at the lobby of the hospital. We sat beside each other and he turned his body to look at me.

"I owe you an explanation," he whispered and he took my hands. "If I told you the things that I want to explain, everything you knew and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?"

I frowned and I looked at him deeply. "What do you mean?" I asked.

He showed me a thin lip aftewards. "I am not what do you think I am," he exclaimed.