Chapter 7

I took a magazine from El's bookshelf and quickly took a seat on her cosy couch. At the same time, I took a bite of chocolate chip cookies that were freshly-baked by her maid. Eleanor also comes from a very wealthy family, everything that she wishes will be granted. Unfortunately, she told me that her life was getting so boring, so that's why she joined me working at the cafe.

"Wow, this cookie is pretty epic," I impressed by the tenderness and sweetness of the cookies.

"I know, right," Eleanor said while drying her hair. She just finished showering after waking up late due to last night party. "Anne really a great baker, I told her. Always!" She said.

"She should open a bakery though," I added.

"Yeah, I told her that too. But she said, 'I'm too old to think about it' kind of thing," she impersonated Anne's voice which made me laugh.

"Where's your parents by the way?" I took a bite of chocolate chips cookie again while waiting for her to respond.

"Um... they went to a spa. Dad said my mom needs a rest. He pampered her with manicure, salon and spa. My dad typical thing," she answered and then she laid her back on her bed. "By the way, where were you last night? I didn't see you," she turned her back to look at me and instantly her hand looked for the cookie to enjoy it too.

"Last night?" I increased my voice. She nodded. "Are you drunk? I was at Helena's party!" I looked at her, my face showed a complete perplexity.

"I might get drunk Kate, but I'm not too drunk to lose my sight of you," Eleanor clarified.

I laughed. "How sweet, El! I was at the corner where no one is gonna find me and sitting there the whole time, drinking mineral water, watching couples kissing and making out," I said. I felt guilty for not telling that I also spent my boring night with Chris but I didn't want her to know about him either.

"Yeah, of course, you were," she said.

"Why? Did something happen?" I asked.

"I felt something was off because I couldn't find you. Maybe I was being a sobber, the champagne was nice, to be honest," I laughed at her statement. "And, Gabriel actually made out with Barbs! Nice, is it?"

"Wow, it's great!" I smiled. Barbara really in love with Gabriel and I hoped Gabriel reciprocated her feelings too.

"By the way, I had a question for you. I wanted to ask the other day but I forgot. And then, when I remembered, you weren't there so, now I wanted to ask," Eleanor held my hand.

"What?" I asked her, looking her in her eyes.

"Chris that saved you when you were choking is the same Chris that saved you when you were chased by the gangsters, right?" Her question made my heart stopped. I was in dilemma whether to answer yes or no. I thought for a while, to let myself think whether I should lie or tell her the truth.

"Yes, he is," sooner or later, Eleanor would find out too so I just tell her the truth.

"Wow, how small this world is. Anyway, he's hot!" She winked her eyes at me.

"Oh my God! No, I don't like him," I chuckled.

"I don't remember him as Chris but I remember his face. He looks familiar and when I saw the words on his t-shirt the other day, I remember that he was Coach Peter's favourite player. He's definitely hot and sexy!" Eleanor exaggerated.

"You like him, do you?" I taunted her.

"No!!! I wanted you to be his girlfriend. You look good together by the way," she told me.