Chapter 30

It was a phase of moving on changing for the better. I decided to clean up my room, reorganise some stuff and started to do the outline of my future goals in a diary. I put my headband on my head and tied my hair into ponytails.

Then, I started to arrange the books on my shelf. I put the books that I wasn't going to use anymore in the big box while the novels, magazines and references book that I might use in college I arranged it neatly according to its colour. Quite a lot of numbers of books that were kept in the box, mostly my notebooks.

Out of the blue, I found a box of gifts on my table. It was from Chris. The prom dress, the promise ring, the polaroids of us. He loved taking our photos every time we met each other. My photo when we were at the Lantern Festival that was taken by him, I put it in my purse. Nevertheless, I had decided to refuse to join the prom because I didn't have a partner to go with. Even it was my last high school prom.

I kept the box in the lower level of the shelf, just a remark for memories. I would not throw it away nor burn it because I just thought he had come into my life, made it joyful although it ended with scars.

My scars might not completely heal but I just thought forgetting him was the best choice. I would always remember the things that he did to me and how it impacted me terribly.

Diane really played a great role in my life. She didn't blame me for ignoring her or shutting her out instead she helped me to live my life better. Being a mature lady, she knew how bad I felt after all of these. Furthermore, she decided to move to Florida to work at the new branch after I went to college.

Later, I changed my bedsheets to a pastel one that I recently purchased on Amazon. I organised all the pillows and when I tried to put on the bedsheet beneath the mattress, I felt something. It's like a piece of card. I pulled it out and it was a 'see you soon' card.

"What the hell is this?" I frowned, looking at the card thoroughly. I opened it and it was written with, 'I will come to you.' The handwriting looked like it was printed. "Maybe it is Diane's," I sighed. I put the card in my pocket.

A few minutes later, my room was really neat and pristine. I carved a smile after seeing the satisfying result of my effort. Later, there was a knock from the door. I rushed towards it and it was Diane.

"Yep?" I asked.

"Barbara's coming. She wants to meet you," Diane said and pointed to the downstairs where I could see Barbara.

I sighed softly and then, I closed the door behind me. Slowly, I climbed down the stairs and my eyes met her as I closed our gap. Meanwhile, Diane had already entered her room to give us some space.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry," Barbara said.

I frowned and then, I chuckled a little. I stepped closer to her. "Why? Don't you like taunting me about my dignity?" I sarcastically said that. "Tell me, Gabriel asked you to do this, right?" I looked at her but she just looked down on the floor in lieu of saying anything to me. "Just leave if you don't have anything to say," I whispered harshly. I turned my back to went upstairs but I was stopped by Barbara. She grabbed my wrist.

"It's not Gabriel," she said. Then, she closed her eyes while taking a deep breath. "Chris..." she uttered slowly.

I turned my body to look at her. "What's with him?" I asked.

"He told me to apologise to you," she answered.

I frowned again. "Please don't apologise to me if you're not sincere," I told her and I climbed upstairs. Before I left her alone, I looked at her. "Anyway, Barb. I already forgave you before you ask."