Chapter 14

$150 was transferred to your bank account.

I read the message as I walked down the hallways. It was really weird because this was not the first time I got the message. I had received it a few times. First, it was $100, and then it was $200 last weekend and then $150. I didn't know what the sender's intention of transferring this money to me.

"TGI Friday," Eleanor walked by my side and surprised me.

"Hi, El!" I smiled wryly.

"You okay?" She asked.

"No, I'm not. Actually, there is something going on but I didn't really know how to explain," I initiated.

"You make me scared," Eleanor uttered.

"I know! Last week I received $300 from the unknown. And then, this week I received $150," I explained.

Eleanor frowned. "From who exactly?" She asked.

"That's the thing, I didn't even know who gave me this money," I said with full of worries.

"Have you called the bank?" She asked and I nodded. "That's really weird. Do you have a sugar daddy?" She nudged me on my elbow.

"What?" I chuckled. "No!" I insisted and laughed.

"I'm joking. Anyway, you've got any ideas on what to do for our final project for English?" She asked.

"Yah," I nodded.

"Okay, see you tonight at Barb's, okay?" She tapped my shoulder twice before leaving me alone in front of my locker.

Unlocking my locker, I put my files and books into it and then when I closed the locker, I could see Gabriel was leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Oh my God!" I was shocked. "Gabe, you scared me," I exclaimed as I closed my eyes to calm myself.

"I'm sorry," he said. "Anyway, I wanna show you this," he passed me a paper.

On top of that paper, 20% were written. "Gabe!" I looked upon the paper and went through it. "This is amazing," I was impressed by his effort.

"I ask Sir Andy to check for me," he explained.

"But this is good for you, Gabe! I swear," I was really touched by his determination.

"I will do another practice soon, so if I have questions regarding it, can I consult you?" he asked.

"Of course! Of course, you can. You can give me a call, if you want," I suggested and gave him a mirthful expression.

"Yeah, I will let you know if I need an auxiliary," he took my hand and shook it before leaving me alone.

-

"I have like a very big idea about our project although it supposed to be a presentation, I really want to put my heart and soul into it," Barb said. "So I decided we will go with students," she said.

"Really, Barb? It's all you can think about?" Phoebe questioned.

"Rule number one in my group is, no one questioning me about my choice, do you get me?" She said.

I was so shocked by her attitude. She had never been like this before. Barbara that we have known is a sweet, funny and tolerable person. My eyes really went wide after witnessing the incident.

"Do you really need to go that way?" I asked.

"Okay," she continued. Clearly, ignoring me. Eleanor who sat beside me pat my hips, maybe she realized how terrible Barbara was tonight. I couldn't hide my wrath and anger. "Students really struggle a lot. But who actually take care of us? Nobody. Not even our friends, family, teachers. Nobody," she lectured.