Chapter 33

"The strongest hearts have the most scars."

Dedicated to hafsaatif22 , liasteashopjaszthewayyoulikeit ,  F3th3rA , Crownsangel67 and awakened_dreams

I highly recommend listening to "Angel by the Wings" by Sia in this chapter, while reading.

The sunrise felt like it came earlier today like it wanted to warm me from inside.  The light reflected on the table, sending the rays towards the bedroom door. The sun was bright, as it crept through the curtains, signaling that another day has started. I clenched onto the fluffy blanket, as the memories of that day played through my mind. 

Was there something I could have done differently? 

A week. That's how long I had to stay in that room. That room with the white walls, choking the life out of me. That depressing room, the host of the darkness.

"You have to rest," they said.  Why would I need rest if I already feel dead inside?

"You have to eat. Your losing weight," they said. They all looked at me like I was a broken piece of glass.

"Do you want to meet them," he asked. The question is, would I want to meet the family who left me? The family who had a life, without me?  The answer is not an easy one, Yes. I want to know why they did not want me, why they wanted my brother and not me. Then again, No. I had a life, without them, I had parents, darn shitty ones, but I had it and it led me to Alexander. 

Why would I want to risk that? For what? For who? 

Tears were welling up in my eyes as I tried to hold them back. Why do I want to cry? 

My thoughts drifted back to Nicola. They say bad things happen in pairs.... so what's next? I could not help but wonder, what bad thing is going to happen next?

I could not understand why Nicola had to die, she was the kindest and only real friend I ever had. She always looked out for me, she would always be there and help me when I had no one. She was more like a sister to me than anything else. The only real family I have ever known. 

I couldn't control it anymore, the tears were streaming down my face, my eyes burned as I clenched them together. I just need this to stop.

'Ella.' I whispered.

'Yeah.' she said back

'Were we... you know?' I asked, unsure. I did not know if I were even pregnant when I was apparently injected. The Dr. explained to me that wolves conceive just after mating and because Alexander is an Alpha... But I don't know, I did not know.