Chapter 17

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. -Aristotle

"Did you just say that you love me?" Tears flew from his eyes, as he stumbled on the words

"Did you just say that you love me?" Tears flew from his eyes, as he stumbled on the words. The question barely heard, but it did not escape my werewolf hearing.  I don't know why that affected him so much, it's just the truth. I do love him. 

This is the first time in the few months that I've known Alexander, that I have seen him in such an emotional state. Goddess, I wondered if it was the first time in years, maybe? I wouldn't know. All I know is that his walls came down, even if it was just at this moment.

He allowed me in, without questions, without warning.

I reached for his face and cupped it between my hands, wiping away the tears with my thumbs.

Our eyes staring into each other's souls, which I'm sure as hell was one, we're staring at one soul, in two bodies.

I don't care if it doesn't sound logical, what the hell is logic anyway?!

"I do love you, Alec. You are everything to me. It doesn't matter if you can't see it, I can feel it, here -" I said, pointing to my heart.

"It's going to be hard, I may be a dick some days, I apologize in advance... but, if you're sure..." I cut him off and kissed him. This kiss was one of so many untold emotions, feelings, and love.

I rested my head on his. "I don't care, Alec. I'm here, I love you, I'm not leaving." I whispered. 

"I love you," he whispered back, making my heart flutter and Ella pace back and forth, from the love of our mate.

"So-" I said.

"Alexander!!" A loud squeal filled the room, interrupting the moment we shared. Oh and to say I am frustrated right about now is an understatement. We just shared a moment, a rare and beautiful moment... Oh well  

'Who dares interrupt my shining moment with my king, we could have been making out right about now.. feeling his soft lips on ours?' Ella purred in my head, then laughing like an evil, werewolf? Person? Gosh, I don't know.

'Shhh Ella. Let's find out.' I responded

'Don't shhh me, idiot.'  She snapped back at me.

'Ella! You are rude and giving me a darn headache with your evil laugh. Now, hush or Ill block you out;" I snapped. How dare she call me an idiot!

'Whatever!' she said back and then blocked me out. Gosh, she is in a mood today 

I turned my focus from Alexander to the owner of the squeal. 

My eyes fell on a beautiful woman, probably my age, blonde hair, and bright green eyes. Her body was that of a supermodel and made me look like a plum in comparison.

Her eyes fell on me and then Lily came wobbling past her, her smile lift the room and she ran into my arms. "Mommy." 

Wait, Why was Lily with her?