Chapter 9

"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

Monica POV

Monica POV

Walking into the kitchen Alexander was standing in front of the stove with an apron on. The sight was somewhat funny as it was way too small on him. He did not even tie it at the back. 

"I hope that food is not going to kill us," William muttered. 

"I can't guarantee that," Alexander said, turning around. He gave me a nod and turned his attention back to his 'cooking'. What a strange man...

William placed his hand on the small of my back guiding me to the table in the kitchen. A loud growl filled the kitchen which made me almost fell off my seat. 

"Oh Hush now, Alpha," William said smirking. "Just because you can't appreciate beauty, does not mean I can't," William mumbled again. Which made Alexander angry. uh...why.

He slammed into William, sending him into the wall at the back of the kitchen. "You dare, William, don't you dare!" he growled. His eyes flaring from their normal blue, to black, to gold. 

"And you say you don't want her, your mate, but a simple small remark sends you and your wolf blazing! Stop kidding yourself, Alex!"

"Alexander! Stop it!" I said, "Please, let William go." 

The idiot did not let him go. He kept growling and snapping at William, daring him to challenge him.

William on the other hand was in a calm state of submission. He did not dare challenge Alexander, his Alpha, his King.

"Stop him, now" Ella snapped me out of my state of horror.

I rushed to his side and without thinking, I placed my arms around him from the back. "please, he did not mean anything by it." I said pleading. At first, he got stiff, then he relaxed, dropping William to the ground.

I pulled my arms away from him, realizing that I just hugged the man who said he never wants to kiss me. Guilt traveled through my mind as I took a few steps back. "I'm sorry," I said, head low, in submission. I was just a lone wolf, who just touched, no hugged the King of the Alphas. "I'm so so sorry, Alpha."

I felt his body against mine as he pushed me into the wall. His breath was out of control and mine was not any better. He lifted my head to face him, his hands sending sparks through my face, eyes locked. Once again the world stopped and it was just the two of us. 

My heart rate was already way past its normal phase. His eyes flashed again, I don't know why but it was beautifully strange. 

"As I said, the sexual tension between you two... it reeks!!" William said from behind Alexander. Which made both of us return from our state of.. well I don't know. 

He took a few steps back and turned to face William. "Did you take your medication today, William" Alexander asked him.

Huh... medication? what is he talking about?