Chapter 39

。☆✼★━━━━DEDICATED TO━━━━━★✼☆。

☆ awakened_dreams Crownsangel67 420_feelings F3th3rA Twixachu9602

━━━━━━━━━━

"It's easier to move on from someone you don't know than to let go of the one who owns your heart and soul."

I hate hospitals

I hate hospitals. Of all things I have seen and done, this is the worst,  gut-retching feeling. Sitting here, waiting, for fuck knows how long, for someone to mumble some words, which have no significant meaning.  Not even to mention the smell of carbolic acid, mixed with the distracting scent of flowers. 

Pack members were scattered around me, some even tried to engage in conversation. My mind was just too clouded to listen to them. Being the Alpha is not always as great as people may think, being the Alpha King, is even worse. You're never allowed to look weak, you are to be strong. At all times.

My thoughts drifted to her, what happened?  Will she be okay? Is that just too much to ask? But most of all, I want to know the basics. Not long medical terms, not empty promises, and no pathetic looks of pity. 

Just a simple question in a hospital, gets you thousand medical term answers. Which I don't even understand.

"Lily is with Bella and Cole. I told them to watch her for today." William announced as he placed his hand on my shoulder. He insisted on staying here, waiting. 

"Thank you, William," I said, my voice full of emotion as I try to contain myself.

"How long do you plan on waiting here?" he asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Forever, if I have to," I said, my heart clenched at the thought. How will I make it without her? 

The defining sound of silence crept up between us again. There was not really much to say, but then I remembered, the William who once lived in a dark place. The William who lost his mate, without even knowing her, he lost her.

"How did you do it?" I asked. William rarely talks about her, about what he went through.

"Do what?" he said, but I could see it in his eyes. He knew what I meant. His eyes pleading me to just drop it.