Chapter 18

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." ― Sarah Dessen,

Watching her sleep in her little bed was such a peaceful experience

Watching her sleep in her little bed was such a peaceful experience. Her tiny body curled up underneath her fluffy blanket, held so much innocence. Her lips were slightly parted as she held onto her favorite teddy bear.

She was not mine, she will never be mine, but I love her like she is. The white walls in her room were covered by grey stickers of wolves, the moon, and a quote reading "Your loved, beyond measure, beyond time."

I placed the storybook back in the bookshelf and took a final look at her, before turning off her light, the only light now in the room was that of her lava lamp.

"Is she asleep?" Alexander asked, standing on the outside of her room.

"Yes," I whispered back, scared that I would wake her.

It's only then that I noticed the two cups in his hands, the smirk on his face made him look extremely handsome. I could not help but smile. For the first time, in a long time, I smiled, a true, genuine smile.

"Let's go, we are having a stay at home, date night," he whispered back at me, looking all proud of himself.

I followed him out of the room, closing the door quietly behind me. Walking down the stairs the entire house was darker than it would normally be.

Once I was in the living room I noticed that candles were the only source of light. A warm and fuzzy feeling traveled through my body as I started to feel the butterflies stir within my stomach. Did he do all of this? and when?

The background music was soft and the words of Jacob Lee's song, Chariot filled the silence that tied everything together.

"Here you go," he said from behind me. I turned around and he gave me a cup of something. "Its Hot Chocolate," he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Thank you, Alec" I took the cup from him and let the warmth of the cup warm my hands. The moment was bittersweet as we stared into each other's eyes. The unsaid words were enough to say everything we needed to.

"So..." I said, "You did all this?" I asked blushing. No matter what, Alexander made me feel awkwardly in love.

"Yes, but only for you," he responded, wiggling his eyebrows. I could not help but laugh at him, this side of him is so different than the mean Alpha King, known as the ripper.

After taking the final sip of my drink, I placed the cup on the kitchen counter. Alexander placed his hands on my hips, pulling my back into his chest. The feeling of our bodies touching was intoxicating, filling me with lust and desire.

"Dance with me," he whispered into my ear softly.

'say yes!! yes!!' Ella squealed. 'Maybe we'll get some' she purred in my head.