Chapter 34

"I am the storm"

A loud knock at the bedroom door broke apart the moment we shard

A loud knock at the bedroom door broke apart the moment we shard. "Just a second ." I choked out, wiping the tears from my face. Alexander immediately composed himself, back to the once cold, and closed off Alpha King. 

He stood up and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I love you," he whispered, turning away from me. His shirt clenched to his body and moved with his muscles, as he walked towards the door.

Our room in the palace was much more 'accessible' for anyone than our home. He wanted to come here instead, in case something happens. The reason, the hospital is closer. He opened the door, only to reveal the last person I now dared to face.

Alpha Luke.

"You said you would give her time, Alpha. It's not the best time, the choice is hers. Remember that." Alexander spoke, blocking my view of the Alpha, my brother.

"I know, what I said, Alpha King... it's just, my parents. They just want one moment with her. They have been sear-" 

"Don't you dare place any demands or stress on her. She has been through enough, now is not the time to add to that!" Alexander spat out, cutting him off.

Alpha Luke was silent.

Parents... the word brought back a thousand memories. I had parents... they hated me, abused me... and now they are haunting me. I always wished to have my real parents, the others always made it more than known, that they hate me, never wanted me, and that I am a burden to them.

I suddenly remembered... a little light went on in my head... and I remembered. Shit, the day of the crash. 

Shit... Shit... shit...

I forgot to tell Alexander.

'No shit.' Ella snapped at me.

"Alec," I said softly, making him jolt towards me.

Within seconds he was once again kneeled before me. Cupping my face, searching for something. For what, I don't know.

"I forgot to tell you something..." I said.

He nodded his head and I told him everything I remembered. From the snow to my father and mother with Mitch. I repeated every word, every feeling I felt. Making sure not to miss a single detail of that "dream." The memories of that day were like a stab in my heart, it hurt so badly.

"I know who we need to talk to," he said after I explained for more than half an hour.

"Who?" 

"Maxine," he said, just that. Nothing else, just a name that made his eyes glow gold. 

Was it strange to feel jealous? It seemed like there is allot about Alexander that I still don't know.