Chapter 3

I think the perfection of love is that it's not perfect. - Taylor Swift

I opened the door to my bedroom, the basement

I opened the door to my bedroom, the basement. As 'our' house was a small one-bedroom house, the basement has been my home all my life. This is where I felt safe, as strange as that may sound.

As I walked down the stairs, I put on the light and walked towards my bed. I was exhausted, my head hurt and I think I still had a hangover.

'No, you don't, It's me, I've been trying to get through to you since you blocked me out!' Ella snapped at me.

"Oh feel my pain, Ella. Think about how I must have felt when you blocked yourself away from me. Leaving me alone! He WAS also my mate. I also saw him fucking her, I heard her moans and screams and I also felt the words of his rejection! My heart also broke Ella. Not just -"

I was cut off by my phone ringing in my backpack. Now, why is Nicola calling me?

"Hello," I said answering my phone

"Did you get your letter?" She asked, sounding extremely nervous.

"What Letter, Nix? And, Hello to you too!" 

"Just go look in your mailbox, quickly before your parents get it. Call me back once you've read it," she cut off the phone, just like that... hmm.

I placed the phone on my bed and decided to go check the mailbox in the front yard. On the walk out of the basement, I realized I was alone. Great.

Once I opened the mailbox I saw only one item inside. I took the envelope and walked back to my room.

Inspecting the letter my name was neatly written on the top in black ink. I sat on my bed and opened the envelope, followed by the letter.

Dear Lone Wolf.

You are selected to appear in front of the Royal Council and King, Attendance is mandatory.

Tonight at 8.  City Hall. Be there.

Royal Beta

William Jones

---

What the hell. Royal Council. King. Great...

I picked up the phone to call Nicola. She immediately answered her phone.

"Okay, What crap is this Nix and how the hell am I going to get out of my home with my parents? You know how they are."

"Come to my house, we can go from there" she responded. 

"Okay, see you then," I said cutting off the connection. 

As the day progressed I felt an uneasy stir within me. Something I haven't felt before. "Ella...are you there?" I asked.  "Yes, I feel it as well," she responded.