Chapter 31

Dejounte POV
Brooklyn
1 May 2019

Qaddriyah went out with Malika to look for dresses for the 'party' tonight.

Trevor and I walked into the ring store and started looking at rings for Qaddriyah. I decided I'm gonna propose today if I find the perfect ring.

The lady came over to me, "looking for a ring," she said smiling. I rolled my eyes, no bitch I'm looking for a dress. I smiled, "yea I'm proposing to my girl today."

She nodded as her smile faded, "anything in particular." I smiled, "expensive. Diamond. Pretty."

She nodded and took me to this other section. I spent ten minutes looking whilst Trevor was looking at watches and necklaces, "get her a necklace too. Make her look pretty then whilst you at it buy me the time."

I rolled my eyes, "take whatever you want nigga. And I think I just found the perfect ring." He walked over to me and I showed him.

"Shit mane, this the one

"Shit mane, this the one."

I took it and walked over to pay, the lady looked at me, "92 450 dollars for the ring and 50 000 dollars for the watch, " she said. I looked at Trevor and kicked his foot. I took my card out and paid for everything and we walked out.

We walked back to the car and called Zee and Braden telling them about the party.

Qaddriyah POV

Malika and I spent hours shopping for my outfit...she already ordered hers online yesterday. We already got me shoes and we were looking for a dress that would match.

We walked into this store and the first dress caught my attention

We walked into this store and the first dress caught my attention. The lady walked over to us, "this dress is a limited edition. It will look quite pretty on you."

I smiled, "can I try it on?"

She nodded and took me to the fitting room. I put the dress on and fell in love with it instantly. They didn't match my nails but it still looked pretty and I was going to take it.

 They didn't match my nails but it still looked pretty and I was going to take it

I paid for the dress and we drove back home

Later on at the party.

Dejounte POV

I was lowkey nervous for what I was going to do. Qaddriyah and Malika went to go fetch juice from the bar. There were many people all dressed nicely but Dri's outfit stood out for me.

They came back and we were dancing. Malika winked at me when Dri and mine's favourite song came on. I held her by the waist and she wrapped her arms around me. After the song the DJ stopped the music. I got scared and Dri turned around to look at what was going on. I went down on one knee.

She looked back and had her eyes wide open. I smiled, "Qaddriyah Mayers. You are a blessing that came into my life. An angel. The most beautiful girl I've ever met. You took me in with all my flaws and shady shit. You loved me as if I was normal. You had my back when I was in jail, and you always stuck around with me. I can't imagine my life without, really...that's why today I decided I'm gonna man up and do what needs to be done. Princess, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Everyone started recording on their phones which made me feel awkward. I saw a tear coming down from her eye, "Dejounte. YES I will marry you," she said jumping around. I put the ring on her finger and kissed her.

"I love you Dede," she said pulling me into a kiss. "I love you too Yaya."

Zee and Malika came to look at the ring, "damn this look hella expensive."

Trevor and Braden walked over to me, "now was that so hard?" We all laughed. Everyone started clapping their hands and the DJ started playing music again.

We were all dancing then Qaddriyah whispered in my ear, "I can't wait to start this journey with you Dejounte. You and our baby."

I opened my eyes wide and looked at her stomach. She nodded and smiled. I picked her up and gave her a kiss.

"I will love you forever and take care of the both of you," I said kissing her forehead. I wrapped my arms around her waist again.

This is what true love is. Going thru shit and hell and still bouncing back. I asked God for an angel. And he sent me this diamond. For that I will always be grateful.