Chapter 18 Part 2

Continuation of previous chapter

Dejounte POV
Brooklyn
10 March 2019

I stormed out the room cos I felt myself getting too emotional about the shit I just told Qaddriyah. I ain't never tell her that shit before and I expected her question but she made me feel so useless and stupid. I really love that girl and would kill for her, she don't get that. I would pull a trigger for that girl. I did it once and I can do it again.

I sat in the living room for an hour playing Fifa...she ain't want to disturb me I guess. I stood up and walked to the kitchen and found her cooking. I turned around to go to the other kitchen when she saw me, "Jounte I made food."

"I see," I said sharply. She sighed and her eyes were red, was she crying? Damn she a softie. I keep forgetting that about shawty. Shawty and I know a lot about each other, we just didn't get deep into our pasts cos we tried to leave it in the past.

As I was walking away she started talking, "I watched my dad rape my mom at the age of 12. When I started yelling at him, he hit me in the face and told me to mind my business," she said putting food on two plates avoiding making eye contact with me.

"One day I found them fighting, screaming and yelling at each other. He then started hitting her badly. I ain't know what else to do so I ran to his office and took his gun then shot him," she took a breathe and pointing by her head, "i shot him in the head. 3 times. Mom was mad at me, she yelled at me for what I did. I was only 13 at the time. I would get beaten up every day since that."

She put my food down on the table and we both sat down, "that's when my relationship with her started drifting away. Then when we got my dad's will that's when shit went south. I was the only person on the will, she wasn't there. That got her pissed off. I then ran away from home with my inheritance and moved her to New York. That's when I met Zee and Malika at school. I started chilling with them when I was 15. I then went to hospital and got diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I had to start taking anxiety, anti-depressants and sleeping pills. I can't live without them til this day. The day when you killed Te'Quan reminded me of the day I killed my dad. Ever since then I've been scared and all strange. I'm just afraid I'm gon lose you like I lost my mom. The woman who I deeply cared about. The woman who took a lot from me. I ain't have good parents and shit. Yea family was rich enough to pay for my school and shit, then she ran away with the money. That shit messed me up. I'm sorry Dejounte, I really ain't wanna make you mad. I just don't wanna lose you."

I looked at shawty and held her hand, "I. Got. You. I ain't leaving anytime soon. You mine and I'm yours. I love you and I'm love triggered. I get your concern but this the life I live and I ain't hide one thing about it from you. I messed up once and got locked up but I ain't fucking up again and dying. I love you princess. "

She kissed me and I kissed her back, "I love you more Jounte."

"Now I'm hungry let's eat," I said licking my lips looking at the food. She laughed and quickly prayed and we began to eat.