Chapter 6

Malika POV
Bronx
1 February 2019

Today I need to go talk to Qaddriyah. Yesterday I met with my brother Trevor and told me to help my friend. I need to help her before she can't help herself.

I can't believe Zee would do something like this. She took advantage of Dri's desperation and recruited her for hell.

I really thought it was just gon be the dancing til she sorted. Tomorrow supposed to be her last gig.

I knocked on her door 3 times. She opened wearing a onesie. She ain't see the time or sumn.

"Wassup gorgeous," I said. Then she waved her hand.

"I need to talk to you bout sumn serious."

She signalled me to the table. I sat down and she sat opposite side, "What is this about?"

"Your gigs," I said bluntly. She laughed then saw I was serious, "tomorrow my last gig tho then I'm done with this whole thang. I already applied for school again and shit and I paid some things off. I just need to make last amount of huge cash to invest and yea. I'm out."

I sighed, "Zee ain't how she seems."

She arched her eyebrow, I cleared my throat, "I went to jail yesterday and Trevs told me how things go down in that club. You only leave if you pregnant or dead. Or unless you hook up with a client and give him the time of his life."

She coughed, "how would Trevs know? Why would Zee...nah she wouldn't, y'all bluffing."

I shook my head, "Trevs and Dej told me this."

Her eyes widen when I said Dej's name, "Well tomorrow my last gig. Whether Zee likes it or not. I'm out."

I sighed. She really blind. I nodded and turned the TV and went to sit on the couch.