Chapter 21

Qaddriyah POV
Chicago
16 March 2019

Today I was gonna meet Jounte's family. I was freaking out. We decided to stay in a hotel just in case things went wrong in the house. Dejounte bought me an outfit to wear.

I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom when he came and wrapped his arms around my waist, "calm down Qaddriyah. They gon love you. Just be yourself. And if you can't answer the question, then just don't. Simple."

I took a deep breath and nodded. I took a quick shower and found Jounte on a call as I walked out, my phone was in his other hand.

I got dressed and curled my hair and looked at Jounte. He noticed me staring and blew a kiss, "they gon love you bitch."

I laughed and we walked out. We drove quietly to the house. We got there and the house was huge, "I paid for this," he said smiling. There were lots of cars parked outside.

He took my hand and kissed me, "if they don't love you, just always remember I do."

We walked out and knocked on the door, the door opened and children came running and screaming. An young looking aunt, I guess Jounte's mom. She kissed his cheeks, "Dede you so grown." He rolled his eyes and kissed her back, "wassup momma."

She smiled and looked at me, I smiled softly, she gave me a hug and kissed my cheek, "Dede, is this the girlfriend?" He nodded. She kissed my cheek again and looked at me, "you are so pretty girlfriend."

"It's Qaddriyah ma," I said smiling. She smiled, "Yaya is so beautiful, come in."

She walked in and Dejounte held my hand, "see she love you."

Five guys came up to us. Dejounte gave them a handshake and greeted them, "yo this my girl Qaddriyah. Qaddriyah this is Drake, Derek, De'Andre, De'Anthony and De'Aaron."

I arched an eyebrow memorizing all the names, "hi." I said with a smile.

Drake gave me a friendly hug, "wassup Yaya." Dejounte laughed, "They call her Dri mane."

Drake and Derek laughed. They looked like twins. Derek and the rest except for De'Andre gave me a handshake, instead he just licked his lips and kept quiet.

This little girl pulled me to a group of other girls that looked my age or older and younger. The little girl said, "I'm Diamante. Dejounte's little sister."

She gave me a hug and put a flower in my hair, "your hair looks very nicey, please do mine one day

She gave me a hug and put a flower in my hair, "your hair looks very nicey, please do mine one day." I smiled and nodded. She was so cute.

I walked over to the older girls, "hey I'm Qaddriyah." They smiled, "shit how you so pretty." I laughed, "have yall looked in the mirror."

They introduced themselves. There were six of them. Khloe, Kristina, Kendall, Kendra, Kyana and Kara.

"We all Dede's cousins," Kyana said. I was socializing with the girls until Jounte's mom called us to go eat. Diamonte grabbed my hand and made me sit next to her. Dejounte sat on the other side of me, "I see you met Didi," he said smiling. He kissed my cheek as De'Andre stared at me, "don't worry bout him. He got pervert issues."

We all got food and then everyone looked at me including the 5 aunts and uncles and Jounte's mom. Dejounte laughed, "pray Qaddriyah."

I smiled and bowed my head, "Heavenly Father, thank you for this amazing food that has been prepared for us to eat today. Thank you for giving us another day to live. Thank you for loving us and carry on blessing us. In the name of The father, the son and the holy spirit I pray. Amen."

Evryone said amen and people started asking me questions, "how long have you and Dede been dating? Do you love him? How old are you? What do you do? How are you so pretty? When are we meeting your parents? Do you see yourself marrying Dede? What do you call Dede?"

Dejounte slammed the table making them quiet, "how yall expect her to answer all questions at once?" I sighed and answered all since I memorized them, "We've been dating for 3 years. Yes I love him. I'm 20. I'm in my last year of university, I'm studying Performing arts. I don't think you will be meeting my parents, my dad died and my mom ran away with my inheritance money. Yes I see myself marrying Dejounte. I call him Jounte."

We all finished eating and I helped Jounte's mom take the dishes to the kitchen. I opened the water so I can wash them, she sighed, "I'll do it." I shook my head and smiled, "no it's fine. I can do it ma."

She smiled and took a chair and sat next to me, "what happened to your papa?"

I sighed, "I shot him cos he abused my mom." She opened her eyes wide, and I focused on the dishes.

"I shot my husband too, I understand, " she said, "so you okay with Dede being a thug?"

"It doesn't change the person he is. Your son is the best thing to have ever happened in my life. All he has shown me is love and respect," I said blushing. She smiled, "3 years you say?"

I nodded.

"So you were with him when he went to jail?"

I nodded then shook my head, "I broke up with him a month before he got out because I was angry and needed to make money but my method of making money wasn't nice. But then I regretted leaving him. So I finished the job and went to ask him for another chance and he didn't agree until he came out of jail and rescued me."

She cleared her throat, "so you were a stripper to make money and he didn't agree?"

I nodded.

"Money for school and basic things?"

I nodded.

"I also did that but I wasnt with Dede's father so I understand. You stopped though?"

I nodded, "yes Jounte is out now, and I have enough money so I stopped and I'm not going back."

She smiled, "good girl. So do you know a Te'Quan?"

I choked on air. "He's dead momma," Jounte walked in saving me. She arched an eyebrow.

"I killed him because he tried to rape Qaddriyah," Jounte said sharply. Her mouth opened, "I'm so sorry Yaya."

"Its okay," I said finishing the dishes. Dejounte pulled me to his room, "see they love you princess." I smiled. He took out a picture book, "look through these whilst I go get something for you to snack on." He walked out.

I was looking through the pictures when I saw De'Andre walk in and closed the door.

"Jounte ain't here," I said. He walked to me, "I ain't here for him." He sat next to me, "you happy with him cos I can make you feel better."

I shook my head, "nah I'm good thanks."

I stood up and walked to the door and he pulled me back and grabbed my throat. I tried to push him off but he was a bit too strong. I couldn't feel myself breathing anymore. He threw me on the bed and tried to take off my top. I kicked him off, he laughed and stopped and walked to the door. I couldn't breathe properly. Jounte walked in, "what's happening here?"

"I was just checking if she okay. I heard her screaming that's it," he said winking then walked out.

Jounte came to me and put the snack basket on the floor, "you okay?"

I shook my head. He got angry, "he did something?" He looked at my neck and saw it was red, "I knew he did something. Let's go."

He grabbed my arm and took me to his mom, "we going now." He said. She gave us both hugs and kisses on the cheeks, "come over again please and bring Yaya." We both nodded. We said bye to evryone and walked out. Diamonte ran behind me and stopped me, "Yaya, I made this for you." It was a flower crown. She put it in my hand and gave me a hug. She ran to Jounte and kissed him on the cheek. We got in the car and drove home.