Chapter 23

Qaddriyah POV
Brooklyn
12 April 2019

It's been weeks since Jounte got arrested. I tried to visit him and they told me that I wasn't allowed. I was told to come fetch him today for some reason.

Apparently they have a video of Jounte performing the heist and shit, but Jounte wouldn't confess to doing the crime, because he didn't do it anyway. Apparently the heist happened on the 10th of March, but we moved into the house that day. I spent the whole day with him so its impossible.

I got into my car and drove to jail. When I got there, Jounte was standing outside with a police officer next to him. I got out of the car and kissed him, he held me tightly. "Hey babygirl," he said. "Hey Dede," I said smiling. I gave him the car keys and got into the passenger seat. He drove off. When we got home, we took a shower together. We ordered Chinese food and sat in the living room waiting for it.

"So how they let you out?" I asked lying my head on his legs. He brushed the hair out my face and clicked his tongue, "the bullets in the gun aren't mine first of all. The gun was registered as Devonte Jackson and I'm not that person. Second the fingerprints on the gun don't match my fingerprints. Thirdly, my ID states that I'm Dejounte not flippin Devonte."

I laughed quietly, "so someone framing you?" He shrugged his shoulders and moved me to go open the door. He was outside for 3 minutes then came back with the food. We ate in silence until Jounte said, "my guns?"

"In my car," I said bluntly. He just came from jail and that's what he's worried about. He ain't asked me if I was holding up fine, he's more worried about what got him into trouble than whose loyal when he's in trouble.

"And you, are you okay? Did anyone trouble you the past couple of weeks," he asked as if he knew what I was thinking about. "No I'm okay. No one troubled me. No weird texts from anyone anymore."

He nodded and kissed my hand, "I love you."

"I love you too Dede," I said. He rolled his eyes, "so you gon start calling me that?" I nodded laughing and he kicked my foot, "If I'm Dede then you Yaya."

I stopped laughing and looked at him, "it doesn't sound cute coming from you. "

"Shame you miss Monte," he said grabbing my thigh. I looked at him, "nah I missed you more."

"Oooo," he said licking his lips while pulling me closer. He started kissing my neck, "I missed you too."

He carried me upstairs and we did our business.