Chapter 22

Dejounte POV
Brooklyn

17 March 2019

I woke up and made Qaddriyah food. I felt bad for how De'Andre treated her. I was pissed at the nigga. She walked in wearing my shirt, "Morning Dede."

I rolled my eyes and put her food down and also sat down, "Bon appetit Yaya." She kicked my leg. We are together. After eating she washed the dishes and sat next to me on the couch.

"So you ain't ever tell me about Diamonte," she said playing with her fingers. I sighed, "I keep my family lowkey until I reach the top of the business. And I did after I killed that drug dealer I was talking about," I said brushing hair out of her face, "and I killed the guy who sent you the text."

She kissed my cheek, "you the big mane now." I nodded, "we living big baby."

"Your momma...she's a strong woman. I look up to her, " she said, "Diamonte so humble and kind. The K cousins are pretty cool too. Your family is nice and big," she said. I felt a tear on my shirt. She was crying. Qaddriyah's family ain't big. It was just her, her parents and her grandma. Her dad died and her mom ran away. I've never met her grandmother but Qaddriyah loves her and apparently she lived there most of the time when her parents were fighting.

I hugged her and kissed her forehead, "I love you babygirl."

She started crying into my shoulder, "I regret killing my father. I regret being a stripper. I regret being blamed for my brother's death." I rubbed her back, her mom was pregnant when her father used to abuse her mom. She had a miscarriage and blamed Qaddriyah for it when she had nothing to do it.

"No regrets Qaddriyah. Your regrets and mistakes is what make you the wonderful person that you are. You shouldn't regret killing your dad, he was a problem and you dealt with it. Yes it was hard but you saw the need to. That makes you a considerate and overprotective person. You shouldn't regret being a stripper, you needed to make the money. The fact that you didn't want me to pay for your fees, that makes you an independent person. You shouldn't regret being blamed for the miscarriage. That's your mom's fault. She shouldn't have taken it out on you. You are an amazing person and I got you. I love you and you my future."

"I love you too baby," she said wiping her tears and kissing me. I deepened the kiss and wrapped my arms around her waist. We carried on watching TV until there was a knock on the door, "It's the police open up." I arched an eyebrow and put my gun under the pillow. Qaddriyah's smile faded into a frown. I pulled her into a hug, "Ion know what this about, but call Trevor and move all the guns to his house okay. And all the money that's just lying around.. put it in your car they wouldn't check it. "

We walked to the door and opened, "You are under arrest for the bomb heist in California, Devonte Jackson."

The fuck? They arrest me for the wrong thing and they call me by the wrong name. I looked at Qaddriyah confused and she looked confused too. I turned around and put my arms together. Here goes this framing thing again.