Chapter 13 ; No One but with You

Start from the beginning

That moment dragged her feet into the ground and her gaze intently stuck on the stones like for a thousand hours. Or so she felt.

She knew what was expected, she knew it was possible for them to not revive, she knew and even had come to accept the idea of them being dead.

She knew it. She knew it, so why couldn't she defy hope.

Her gaze shook when the stone seemed to melt into a pile of meat that mixed together, as if her parents were dismembered into little, unrecognizable pieces.

The rancid fresh smell tormented her nose. The fresh metallic stinging odor emphasized the view into her mind like those items with scratch and smell tries.

The powerful smell caused her stomach to spiral up her throat. She stood up immediately, placing her hand to her mouth. She closed her eyes and she closed her hand into a fist attempting to drink down her vomit and despair.

He didn't move or say anything. She didn't say anything and remained still.

They stood in their place.

All in silence.

She turned around and she gently smiled at him.

He was looking at her out of place smile.

"Let's go" she said as she walked and pulled Senku up by his coat back into their path home.

"Taiga"

She held the grip of clothing from his hips warily like she always did. "Mm"

"Are you just going to pretend everything is alright"

She stopped and turned around slightly to catch a glance of him, but not allowing him to see her face completely. "I am not..." her voice cracked "I am- not" she turned her head back ahead and began to walk but her hand erratically moved to wipe her tears she insisted weren't there to him and even to herself.

"It's okay to cry. At some point you'll have to release your emotions. It's necessary to release tensions of accumulated vehemence when we encounter a hardship, and it'll be better for you to cry now."

"I know. I just am trying to not break down easily. Otherwise I won't be able to go at it again hehe." She sweetly said as she stopped walking and faced him. She wiped her tears as she began to give off cut off laughs.

She laughed and then she silenced, biting her lip. Her habit. Yet this time it was out of need, he could see her lip trembling on the brim of letting out the cries she necessitated to let go.

She kept wiping her tears every time more and more to the point that she had to keep her hands on her face to attempt to cover her face when she found out she couldn't stop the tears from spawning.

"Sorry." He placed a hand on her head. "I shou-"

"There's nothing you have to apologize. Even if you obliged me to not go and I knew...I would have been stubborn to do so" she laughed as she held a hand on her forehead.

He observed the tigress bite her lip again. He followed his urge to pushed her gently into his chest as he placed his head on hers. "Cry." He smoothly said as he could comprehend how she probably felt but he could only imagine what the female was experiencing after seeing her family into a pile of meat.