Chapter 3 ; Foe or Clear

The day shone bright, and Senku was the first to wake up. He left her to sleep more, but she woke up soon at the sound of sticks rubbing and certain frustration from some onion head.

"Good morning Matsuki" Senku greeted a Taiga who was waking and looking for the source of the sound.

"I thought about the more effective way to make heat" Senku took a moment of silence creating a schedule "Matsuki, I'll need you to get more wood. We'll make some rope, so I'll go to gather some tall grass while you do that." He stood up and walked towards the area they had seen tall grass.

She went straight to work too, and she brought lots of of wood. She walked back and forth to let the pile she had gather back to camp, where she was making a bigger pile of branches. It was uncomfortable to walk, stepping branches and small pieces of rocks that had sharp edges that poked her feet. She was careful walking afraid of any other threats, such as big animals, and for the sake of not hurting herself. She saw how a few monkeys had been observing them as she walked through the forest. They were jumping from tree to tree, making their woo woo uuu woo sound. She thought of the meme of the guy who fell from a tree when it attempted to imitate a dancing monkey and resulted in breaking the branch. She smiled, but she returned her focus back into seeking more branches. She was glad that the monkeys who kept calm in the trees as they watched her just like she watched them were small. The big ones are worst, gorillas and chimpanzees. Amazing creatures who acted similarly to humans, breaking the limbs of their own when distrust appeared. Distrust.

She held a couple of branches when she came across him kneeled down pulling grass. She could see eagerness through his eyes, his eyebrows deep like they usually were. He struggled pulling the yellow grass, and she wondered if it was because they were old and more stubborn to stay in their place like a living person, more like an old man saying "do not step on my grass!!!".

She walked towards him and kneeled down as she set the branches she had gather aside to help him gather grass. She noticed he was taking green grass as well, so she gather the green ones too.

"What's the plan?" She asked curious as to what is the process of making rope in which will make their fire. Fire that will heat them up at nights. Such as the first one they spent, no one spoke about it but they knew the night was dangerous and the cold, they are not accustom to sleep on dirt, air free outside, basically naked.

"We'll use the most improve method to make rope with grass. Taking dried grass and green grass and attaching it together by twisting will create a rope. We'll then tie it to a branch and it'll be more effective to create combustion by using the bow drill method." He reported "Take this grass back to the camp and start making baskets."

"Yes" she said. "captain" she added in a soft voice with a gentle teasing smile looking at him.

He looked at her and smirked back "we'll make combustion ten billion percent." He claimed. "It'll be slow but steady effort. I'm going to beat fantasy with science."

Senku took some grass, combining both types and he twisted, folded and began to twist until he made a short string of rope in seconds. He stood up and smirked holding high his achievement.

"Let's head back" he suggested.

They got to their area and she confessed that she did not know how to make baskets, and Senku taught her. He left her doing baskets as he set himself to create fire. He grabbed a stick and tied the rope he created to both ends of the stick. He then placed another stick inside the bow he made and he began to slide the bow left to right. He smirked and intently stared at the progress he was doing.

Taiga had placed her grass next to him and she sat near staring at him work. She saw his arm muscles that were stretched out to accomplish the action. They were nice. And for the first time, she noticed his determination for his projects.