Chapter 7 ; Broken walls

Senku observed her cuddled body on the floor, rolled into herself as she hugged the blanket. She had her bare shoulders out. Her breast almost showing, yet her arms kept them hidden. Senku deduced she had taken her dress off during the night, he could imagine the poking the grass probably cause her as he stared at the red scratches she had on her body. She snored slightly and Senku kept watching till he rolled himself supine to stare at the roof.

Her shoulder had a red big mark he hadn't notice before, despite seeing her naked before. He assumed he was too entrance in looking away for respect and for the stranger she was that one time.

A scar. He thought of what would have left her that horrendous scar.

He then remember of how she had been cuddle into his chest as he hugged her tight that freezing night and tranquil morning they woke up. They had woken up hugging each other, strangely in the same position. They both took their arms away, casually pulling away from each other. Her brown eyes lazily opening up to another day, as Senku fixed a strand of hair that fell down.

He had drool lightly on her head and he noticed it before she did. He cringe and smiled at the unlucky Taiga who had to handle his drool on top of her head. He had chuckle when she realized the dried saliva on top of her head making a pouty face playfully glaring at him.

He sigh, yet excited, standing up ready to go back into work. He gave a last glance at Taiga who silently slept cuddled loosely into herself. She was tired, she had nightmares and stayed up late, Senku had fallen fast asleep compare to her. So he decided to leave her.

He took a fast shower by the river and gathered edible plants as he walked towards the cave where they first woke up in the Stone world. He checked the rock trace and sigh in relief. Somehow. Miraculously, the rocks shattered weren't dispersed. It seem they all stayed in the same spot. It was probably because they were inside the cave, where two rock walls protected them from the wind.

He sat down, placing the baskets beside.

"I'm starting to have a new path" he grabbed a piece of rock "an unshattered branch of science"

He placed his hand on his chin as he concentrated "get exited Senku" he thought in a challenging voice "What did it? What caused me to get out of my petrified state? Was it simple deterioration? If that were the case, the outside surface exposed to the elements would be the first to break down. But the petrified people are all like statues. Stoned all the way through."

"For me it was like a shell

"For me it was like a shell." He noted in his mind "the outside was stoned and the inside changed back into living cells..." he gasp, his red eyes widening. He immediately leaned forward grabbing a stone again "it's the other way around. The surface was detoriated and couldn't revert to living cells. It became a stone husk!"

"Parts of the surface that were less petrified turned back to cells" he placed the dispersed rocks together like a puzzle. "That's why that reconstructed shell has holes in it. It's not missing." He ran his finger around the empty hole. "So I wasn't revived by deterioration or erosion."