Maturity

Gen stared at Taiga. She held a huge smile and in her eyes he saw purpose.

"Taiga" gen called out.

"Mm~" she hummed looking up towards Gen. She held the usual smile of her youth.

"There's a baby growing inside of you."

She stayed quiet and lifted. She hid her hands to her chest and furrow her eyebrows.

"You" he began. "Didn't know did you?"

Taiga froze but she shook her head and she tried to disregarded it with a shadow in her mind.

"Taiga-Chan, when was the last time you had your period?"

"Gen, at times it delays. We should not worry to this extent."

"Your belly has grown considerably Taiga. There's no denying you are pregnant with their child."

"I-I" she shook her head. "No" she desperately whispered. "No, what do you mean Gen?" Her soft voice called out. Her hand fell to her stomach and she clutched it in fear.

Taiga teared up. She covered her mouth and fell to her knees. "No" she mumbled. Gen took her shoulder and pulled her in.

"What's going on there?" A voice called. Senku saw in their hug and he heard her sniveled. She was happy a moment ago. "Are you okay?"

She nodded without looking back.

————

They had a meeting. She didn't go until later. This cause him to be anxious. Sorry I don't write that. Good moment but not edited Jaír the idea implemented

"I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR HOURS MY ASS ALMOST PLANTED ITSELF! I'VE BEEN HERE LIKE AN IDIOT! WAITING FOR YOU! WERE YOU FUCKING PLANNING TO STAND ME UP!"

Hunter closed in shouting his complaints, a set of worried eyes staring at her, almost as he had been thinking she would never come, a sort pain in his voice. Taiga frowned feeling guilty that she was actually going to stand him up. She was surprised to find him still waiting, impatiently and worriedly, but he had stayed hoping she would come. After all these hours, it was starting to get dark.

She looked up with her guilt. His eyes widening at her sight. His thoughts vanishing.

"Who made you cry?" He sternly asked his hand on his sword, grabbing her arm and closing in. "Who made you cry? Your eyes are fucking red, you've been crying. Who made you cry? I'll explode their fuCKING NECK!"

Taiga pulled her cheek away from his caressing hand. Looking away and hugging herself as she parted from him. A hand on her mouth. How was she supposed to say it? She could barely assimilate the sinful life growing within herself.

"What's wrong?"

Taiga let go of herself and she grasped her arm. A conflicted look upon her face.

Hunter patiently waited despite not liking the detachment she held within her eyes. His eyebrows were pulled together and lowered. His usual angry expression as he stared at her.

"Tell me"

She exhaled and she forced her barriers up into her heart like it had always been. "Hey....am I fat?"

Hunter was startled. Both staying quiet repeating on their mind what she had said. She faintly smiled knowing she had messed up. Hunter's lips tilted upward before he bursted into a laugh. His heart warming to see her chuckle and laugh won over them. He bent holding his stomach loudly laughing unable to stop. She was sweetened up by his loud laugh.