Chapter 28: You owe me one

Gabriella's POV: 

We made our way up the stairs and there I was again looking around in Finn's room, letting his scent fill my senses the way it always does. My eyes scan the place and find the old desk in the corner of the small space. The pictures which were once there are gone and there is no trace of them anywhere else.

"So, what do you want to do while we wait?" he asks me, plopping down on his bed and gesturing for me to sit beside him. I detach my eyes from the desk and do as he says.

"We can watch a movie?" I suggest, shrugging my shoulders. I know it's a terrible idea since his mom will probably be done with dinner soon, but I can't think when something else is clouding my thoughts.

"Uh uh, we won't even be able to finish." he tells me, shifting his position on the bed so that he is looking right into my eyes.

"What do you want to do then?" I question and a warm pool of blue waves sucks me in. Finn always finds a way to make me forget about everything else around me. Even if I fight with him most of the time, I can't help but relate to what he feels and how he is. Because I'm the exact same way.

"Whatever you want." he says, his voice huskier than usual and his blue orbs holding something else behind them. I gulp down, trying ignore the way my skin is tingling due to his intense stare and his deep voice. A shiver makes it's way up my spine and I shudder harshly.

Finn inches closer to me and I'm able to feel the warmth radiating from his toned body. I feel like I'm giving in to him, like he is breaking my walls down slowly and there's nothing I can do to stop him. Addi, Ben and Lee are my friends and I have a great time with them, but with Finn everything just feels different, a much better kind of different.

What are we?

Do I feel something for him?

What does Connor think?

"Gabbie" he whispers inching even closer to me. "You-" Finn stops his words and takes a big gulp of air. "What the hell?" He swings his legs over the bed and stands up quickly, leaving me startled 

I have to fight the urge to ask Finn what he was going to say and what he was about to do, but he is too busy running down the stairs. "Whatever." I sigh and follow behind him.

A thick cloud of black smoke covers the kitchen and there stands Jill with a tray of burnt lasagna. She gives me an apologetic smile and places the tray on the counter. "I think I lost track of time." she chuckles and Finn joins her. I find myself giggling uncontrollably too, not because I find what just happened funny, but because Finn's laugher is so contagious.

"How do you even burn lasagna?" he asks her and Jill throws her hands in the air. I feel an arm snatch around my waist and my body freezes at the contact. "Now are guest knows both of us are terrible cooks." he looks down at me and I'm blinded by the huge grin plastered on his face. 

Despite the hammering inside of my chest and the burning on that certain spot of my waist I manage to shake my head, but Finn raises an eyebrow immediately catching on to my lie. "You are not that bad." I chuckle and his smile widens. "I can teach you, if you want." I turn to Jill.

"Will you do that?" she asks me, her voice chirpy and I nod. The next thing I know I'm no longer pressed against Finn's side, but I'm being wiggled out of his grasp as his mom wraps her arms around me. "I always wanted to learn to cook." she whispers. "Finn's dad usually did the cooking." 

The sound of a light cough causes us to pull away. I take in Jill's appearance and her eyes are glossy with tears. I figure this is caused by the mention of her husband. "I'll order pizza." Finn tells us and runs to get his phone.