Chapter 24: I quite miss home

Gabriella's POV:

"Pull yourself together." I bark at myself while I'm holding onto the sink, taking in my appearance. I'm trying hard not to pay much attention to the fact that I look like living hell, but it's not that easy. 

I can't go back to Biology so I have to wait for English Lit to arrive or else I'll have to face Finn and I don't have time to waste in that. Because that is what Finn is. A waste of my precious time. He goes from sweet, to angry, to sweet again and I'm not having it with him anymore. I'm tired of whatever game he is trying to play with me or with himself.

I pull out my phone and let music blast through my earplugs. It knocks out every other sound and it's just me and the soothing voice of my favorite singer. 

Yeah, I quite miss home

'Cause it feels like poetry

When the rain falls down on the window

While you're in my arms

And we're watching the TV

I bite my lip and shake my head, grabbing the earplugs by the cable and tugging harshly. I pick my backpack and leave the bathroom. There is no way I'm going to stay there and feel bad for myself. 

I walk around the halls hoping no teacher sees me and I'm taken to the principal's office for wandering around the halls during class. Since it's early and no one has gym I decide that's the safest place to stay at so that nobody finds me. 

I take the longest way and when I arrive I hoped I just stayed hidden in the bathroom. There's a loud noise coming from the small space of the gym. My eyes spot a curly black-haired boy and a blonde. Scott and Lucas. Great. I peek through the open door and laugh at myself. They are working out, in the morning. 

I know there is a lot of people who do so for their well-being or because they enjoy the activity, but I can't seem to understand how that is humanly possible. 

"Should the party be at my place or yours?" Scott asks Lucas while he is holding a huge weight on his shoulders and squatting.

"My place." Lucas says out of breath. "The girls love it there." he smirks and Scott just chuckles at his friend's cockiness.

I don't.

"Yeah, all of them except Gabriella." he mocks him and I freeze at the mention of my name. Lucas shoots him a side glance and shakes his head.

"Yeah, I think she's just playing hard to get. Man, I'm telling you, she's for sure gonna fall for me." he assures Scott and he shrugs his shoulders. I scoff at his certainty. Even if he doesn't seem that bad I know by the way he speaks and looks at girls that his intentions aren't the best. 

Yeah, but you kissed him. My subconscious adds, but I ignore her. She is just too annoying.

"I think she has a thing for Finn or he has for her. I don't know." he uttered. 

"You know Finn." Lucas says and that's enough for Scott to nod and stop talking about the subject. I wish I didn't know what he meant by that, but sadly I do.

Scott throws the weight above his head and I gasp at how close it was from hitting him. Their heads instantly snap in my direction and I groan at how loud I always am. "Hi, guys." I greet them casually, trying to cover up the fact I was spying on them and listening to their conversation.

"Gabbie." Lucas mutters and I cringe at how oddly Finn's nickname for me sounds coming from his lips. He fixes his hair and swipes a hand along his forehead to prevent his sweat from dropping. "What are you doing here?" he questions and I panic.