Chapter 6: A kiss on the cheek

Gabriella's POV:

Ping Ping

I grunt at the annoying sound of my phone and shift on my bed attempting to get comfortable.

Ping Ping

"Stop!" I shout and quickly grab my annoying device to check the reason behind the ping.

Unknown: Good morning Gabbie, how are you?

Unknown: Gabbie? Are you awake?

Me: Who is this?

I rub my eyes and groan at the aching throb in my head. Yesterday was unbelievable and even worse, I can't remember a single thing of what I did. I know, I know, but I'm not used to getting drunk, so alcohol affects me pretty easily.

Unknown: Guess who?

It can't be.

Me: Finn. How did you get my number?

Unknown: Smart girl. Addison gave it to me. I told you I was going to get it.

"Addison!" I growl impatiently and regret it instantly when I feel like my brain is about to explode.

I'm gonna kill her. 

Me: I'm gonna kill her. 

Unknown: Yeah, sure. Aren't you going to thank me for yesterday?

I try to look for some sort of flashback, but fail miserably when my head pounds as soon as I begin to dip into my memories.

Me: What about yesterday? 

Unknown: How do you think you got home? I drove your drunk ass there.

Me: Oh. Thanks, I guess.

What the fuck?

Unknown: You're very welcome.

"Who are you texting?" Addi asks me, pretending she doesn't know. I raise an eyebrow and she tries to hide her smile. "I was trying to help you! You weren't going to give it to him." she pouts and I give her the finger, after explaining every single details of the things he said and tried to do. My best friend gives me an apologetic smile and I decide to drop the matter.

"Let's go to the shop." I demand. I'm hangover as fuck and I know for sure coffee is the one things that can help me get through this nightmare of a day. Addi groans, but doesn't complain. It is her fault after all. 

Wink, wink

We look at Ben snoring, sprawled on his inflated mattress and Addi goes down on her knees to cover him with a blanket. She plants a quick kiss on his cheek and stands up. I shake my head and laugh, too tired to tease my girl best friend about her crush on my boy best friend. 

We both hop in her car and take off. We still haven't had "the talk" about Ben. He's not here, so I think it's time for me to ask her about him. She's my best friend and I'll support her no matter what. I grow uneasy and doubt popping the question. 

"Hey, what's going on with Ben? Be honest, I saw you guys at the party." I tell her and she swallows looking at the road ahead, her cheeks turning into a slight pink shade.

"I like him, I think, I'm not sure." she explains and it's the first time I've seen her so unsure about a relationship. "I don't want things to be weird between the three of us if we date" she frowns and I finally understand. "I just.. I'm scared." she admits. I look over at her as uncertainty takes over her features. I squeeze her hand and she returns the gesture.