Chapter 15: Why are your eyes so blue?

Gabriella's POV:

Group Chat:

Me: SOS

Addi: What happened?!

Me: We're stuck in the janitor's closet. Please, get me out of here!

Addi: Sounds promising

Me: Addison Walker! This is not a joke.

Addi: I will help you

Me: Thank God!

Addi: In 20 minutes. Bye! 

Ben: You're stuck with who?

Me: Finn

Ben: You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady.

Me: I hate you both!

"Ugh!" I let out an exasperated groan and throw my hands in the air. Addison is so paying for this one. I'm not letting her get away this time, there's no way.

"What did she say?" Finn questions and grips my shoulder in attempt to calm me down. It's a comforting gesture, nothing else.

"She'll come." I shrug. "Eventually" I add in a low voice so that he doesn't hear.  

"So, what do you want to do while we are here?" he asks, trying to make conversation so that we don't die from boredom. If I'm going to lose 20 minutes of my life stuck with him in a tiny space I better make it worth it. I always have something in mind, but wow, lucky me, this time I don't.

"I don't know." I simply state. "What do you want to do?" I ask nonchalantly and he gives me a suggestive smirk. "Okay, no." I say before he has a chance to speak.

"How did you know what I was going to say?" he wondered, the smirk still plastered on his handsome face.

Wait, what? I did not just say he is handsome.

"Because you are you." I babbled while playing with my rings.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he deadpanned and raised his voice a little. I eye him in confusion because of his sudden change of tone, but he decides to ignore my stare and clear his throat. "Who are you?" he suddenly asks me and I opened and closed my mouth many times, unsure of what his questions meant. "Like who are you, truly? Because I can't seem to figure you out." he admits while running a hand through his messy brown hair. It sticks in all directions and I can't control myself. 

My hand reaches out for it and clears it off his forehead. Even in the dark room his eyes are still shiny but a darker shade of blue. The waves were intense and troubled unlike their usual calm and soothing. Finn's facial features were outstandingly rare, but his eyes, I had never in my 18 years of life seen something as rare as them. 

Finn was looking deep into my soul with those captivating blue orbs. I shivered under his heated gaze as he slowly brought his hand to my cheek. I froze. "Why are your eyes so blue?" I blurted out so caught up in the moment my mouth felt like it had a life of it's own. 

"I never noticed they were." he sarcastically adds and I mentally scold myself for asking such a dumb question. "My dad's eyes are the exact same blue, I guess it's just genes." he shrugged and I almost laughed at his statement.

There is no way in hell his eyes are the same as Finn's.

We continue to stare at each other in the dark room. My breath becomes raged and I my insides melt when his warm thumb slowly caresses my cheek. "Why are your eyes so hazel?" he asks mimicking my words and I want to kill him for running the moment.