Chapter 7: Bring the pie Martha!

Gabriella's POV: 

After recovering from Finn informing the whole coffee shop I threw up on him we arrive home to find that my parents got back before we expected.

I ring the doorbell and my mom jumps from the other side of the door to hug me. "Honey! I missed you so much." she bubbled. After she pulled away, she went towards Addi and hugged her too. "How are you doing Addi?" 

"I'm good Martha." grinned my best friend. I'm thankful my parents love them both as if they were their own. 

"Dad!" I chirp when I see my dad taking their luggage upstairs. I run to him and into his arms. "I missed you." I say into his neck and he smiles. I see Addi walk past us and I mouth "Ben." she immediately catches on and goes into my room silently to wake him up.

"Did you manage yourself while we were gone?" my dad teases me with a full on grin on his face while I sniffed his lavender after shave.

"Duh, I'm already an adult." I chuckled and he pouted sadly, pulling me in for another hug.

Great.

"Sure you are." my mom began from downstairs. "Look at this kitchen! It's a mess." she continued and I covered my mouth to stifle my laughs.

"I better go. Help her relax" my dad says "If you know what I mean" he winks at me and my jaw drops and hits the floor.

Did he just say what I think he said. 

"You're such a pig." I mocked him.

He chuckles and whispers "Go upstairs and wake Ben up before your mother sees him hangover and sprawled on your bed." he smirks and I sprint upstairs not wanting to believe Ben is on my bed and not on his designated mattress.

"Better if you close your door." he shouts and I cringe although I know he's not being serious.

Right?

I open the door and close it quickly just in case. When I scan my room Addi is looking at Ben, who is still sleeping. "Why didn't you wake him up?" I inquired.

"He looks so tired." she whispered and ruffled his hair softly. I give her a look. "I already tried anyways." she added.

If she's not gonna do it then I will.

I walked to my bathroom and filled a cup with water from the sink. Addi had a strange expression on her face, but when she caught on, it was too late to stop me. I approached Ben and poured the whole cup on him. His body shook violently as he looked around, unaware of what happened. 

"Where I am?" he asked sleepily. "And why am I wet?" Ben looked at me with the empty cup and he scowled while I couldn't help but laugh. "Old school." he muttered and stood up going straight into the bathroom.

"What are we having for lunch?" Addi and I share a look. "What?" he asks puzzled.

"You missed lunch, hun." she tells him. Ben smiles at the nickname and I just stand there, not knowing what to do. I stare at my friends and their overly sweet looks. I feel nauseous, but I decide not to show my expression because of how scared Addi sounded earlier when we discussed their relationship.

A knock on the door causes Addi and Ben to pull away from their embrace. "Guys, we bought apple pie on the way here. Want some?" my mom offers and the three of us look at each other. We stand and race downstairs. This would happen every single time my mom offered food, the first one to sit on the table would get the biggest piece of whatever there was. Mom got used to us doing this, so now she doesn't even flinch when we jog down the stairs.