Chapter 23: New trend

Gabriella's POV: 

I slightly open my eyes and rub them harshly. My back aches and when I look around I realize I'm not laying on the couch, but I'm in my room. 

But, how did I get here?

Finn and I were watching Actually in love or something. I remember his scent and that I fell asleep on his chest. He must've carried me all the way up to my room.

Is he still here?

I stand abruptly, searching for him but he is nowhere to be found. I guess he left, no big deal. My mattress creaks once I stand from my position and a blue post-it on my door catches my eye. 

You fell asleep on me, during the best movie ever! You should be ashamed of yourself. :(

Grabbing my phone, I quickly text him a reply.

Me: I could give my opinion on it if you weren't rumbling the whole time.

I helplessly stand there, looking at the note Finn left. His handwriting is messy, meaning he left in a rush. I neatly fold the blue paper and put it inside one of my many drawers. 

7:10. I have 10 minutes until Ben and Addi get here.

I decide on not showering today, even if I desperately need it. I can't afford having Addison scold me like she does Ben every single morning. Even if I don't listen, her lectures still give me headaches.

I comb the mess that his my strawberry blonde hair and groan when the brush gets stuck in a knot. Slowly I try to detangle it from it, but fail miserably. 

Group Chat:

Addi: Here and only waiting 5.

Shit.

I gather my school books with my free hand and run downstairs, knowing that if I don't walk out that door in the next 5 minutes Addi is either going to leave or lecture me. Both are bad, but I don't know which one is worse. 

I open my front door and jog down my porch, one hand grabbing the brush and the other holding my books tightly to my chest. I spot my friends laughing their asses off in the car until I open the door. 

Silence fills the small space and they look at me puzzled. "Why do you have a brush on your head?" Addi asks me with a frown, her eyes scanning the mess.

"It's the new trend haven't you heard?" I sarcastically say and she blinks repeatedly. 

"Really?" Ben chimes in.

"No, you idiots. It's stuck. Please help me out." I whine when none of them move, but burst into laughter instead.

"This only happens to you, Gabs." Ben chuckles and I roll my eyes at his statement. This is the reason I hate Mondays when I haven't had coffee yet. I can't think and I can barely speak.

Addi grabs the brush and moves it up and down in attempt to detangle it from the knot. The harsh movements make me wince in pain until she is finally able to let me out of my misery. She holds the brush in her hand and a ball of hair is still there. We all laugh at my horrible luck and drive away.

It feels like ages since I came to the shop. The coffee my mom made for me every morning was a good enough replacement, but since my parents are not here and I'm way too lazy I have an excuse.

"Remember you owe me." Ben smirks and I groan at the memory of me telling him I would buy him coffee when we came here. 

"Ugh! Because of you I'm going to go poor." I open the passenger door and he snorts. "I'll be back in 5." I tell them and watch Ben clap his hands.