Chapter 10: Your clothes

Gabriella's POV:

Baby

I love you

You're my world

I gasp for air and my eyes crack open to a dark room. 

No

"Hello?" I shout but there is no response. 

My mind wanders to earlier in the day and I remember myself crying in the rain. After that, it is all a blur. 

Why am I in a dark room, by myself?

My breath hitches and I jump from the soft mattress I was laying down on. "Where am I?" My voice cracks by the end of the sentence and I can't ignore the gut feeling I have from this. 

"You are awake." a soft deep voice says, snapping me out of my thoughts and for once I am relieved to see it is Finn standing in the door of what I then recognize as his room. I look down to see I'm wearing dark grey sweatpants and a sweatshirt. What?

I clear my throat. "Why am I here?" I raise an eyebrow at him and then look down at my hands.

"You were...." he trails off and gulps before continuing "I found you on the pavement of my house, laying down, under the rain." he explains and I shake my hand at him so that he continues. "I went up to you and your were crying." Finn searches for my eyes. "I helped you get up to your feet, but you ran away from me. I w-was driving behind you.. I was driving behind you and you fell and hit your head against the concrete." His blue eyes look concerned. "I had to bring you here. I was panicking, you were out for 2 hours and I didn't know what to do." he retrieves his gaze from me and looks at a spot on the wall. "I went downstairs to get myself water and now you are awake." he finishes off and scratches his neck with his free hand.

"You didn't have to do that." I say flatly, trying to recover from what he just told me. 

"Did you expect me to leave you there?" Finn raises his voice and scoffs. Of course I wouldn't have wanted that, but why did he bring me to his house.

"No.. but... why bring me to your house?" I question his intentions and something flickers behind his eyes. "Why not take me to the hospital instead?" I challenge him and see his hands clench into fists.

"You know what? You are right. I should've taken you to the hospital. No!" he corrects himself. "I should've just left you there, someone else would've found you eventually." he shrugs and turns on his heel, but then shakes his head angrily. A groan escapes his lips and he smashes the glass of water against the wooden floor of his hallway. 

"What th-"

He faces me and starts walking towards me with large steps. I notice anger behind his stare as his chest moves up and down from his raged breathing. He grasps my shoulders and all of his previous emotions disappear and turn into something else. If I didn't know him I could've said he looked hurt.

"Why do you hate me so much?" he asks me bluntly and I am sure that if he wasn't holding me in place I would've stumbled backwards from his question.

"What?"

"You heard me. Why do you despise my presence that much?" he asks me again and I blink, trying to think of a coherent answer.

Well.. I don't him. I just don't like being around him. He's a player and the guy with the worst reputation at school.

"I- I don't hate you." I mutter and Finn scoffs.

"Bullshit!" he calls me out. "I have never been anything but nice to you!" his voice raises once again and I have to back away because he is practically shouting straight at my face.