Chapter 16: Okay, dirty girl

Gabriella's POV:

"Gabriella, you are late!" a squeaky voice wakes me abruptly from my sleep. I rub my eyes in attempt to see who it is, but my vision is still blurry. "You are late and I can't drive you!" it speaks again and I meet a pair of hazel eyes. 

"Mom?" I drawl sleepily and try to stand to my feet. A white light blurs my vision even more and when I have the strength to open my eyes again I see her holding the curtains open. 

How basic.

She throws a couple curse words, but I completely ignore them while I brush my teeth. I feel light headed and can barely see straight. "I'll just run." I shrug and my mom scoffs. 

"You'll be all sweaty when you get to school. I think I'd rather have you skip than embarrass yourself." she groused loudly.  I don't like it when my mom cares so much about appearances when she can clearly see I don't. I get it she wants to be perfect and all, but that is not in my list anymore.

Remember what people say about polar opposites attracted? Well, my mom and dad are polar opposites, like from different universes. She is pushy and closed-minded while my dad is very chill and funny, but somehow, despite their differences they are head over heels for one another. Them being so in love when I was younger set up high expectations. There's one thing they have in common tho and that is that they're both workaholics.

"Bye mom!" I shout, throwing my bag over my shoulder and running away from my door before my mom catches up with me and forces me back inside  over her dead body. There's no way I'm missing school today. 

Eastwood High is about 8 minutes away from my house by feet so I'll probably get there by the start of second period, which is not that bad, considering I have chemistry first and the teacher loves me, meaning she'll let it go. 

I hope.

I continue jogging at an average rate down my neighborhood, the wind flopping my hair when a loud honk is heard from behind me. "A morning workout?" a deep voice speaks up and I'm happy to see it's Finn, just because I'm in desperate need of a ride. No other reason behind that, no.

"Nope." I say popping the 'p'. He looks at me puzzled before offering me to drive us both to school. For some reason I felt nervous to ask him. 

Stupid.

His car smells just like him and it's so addicting. He turns the heat on and I welcome the feeling of warm spreading through my frozen limbs. Yeah, jogging in the cold at 8:20 in the morning is not very smart. 

"Why are you so late and running?" he asks me, amusement in his voice while his blue eyes focus on the road. His voice sounds huskier and deeper than usual. 

It's a very amazing morning voice.

No!

"I over slept and today is the day I usually walk to school so my friends weren't there to wake me  up." I explain and he chuckles lightly. "And you?"

"Well, I'm happy to say that I overslept too. I couldn't sleep thinking about..." he winks at me suggestively and I just blush at the memory, a genuine blush that goes from my cheeks all the way up to my ears. I don't know what it is about him that always makes me blush. 

"Oh." I simply say, too startled to even make up a coherent sentence. Finn just smiles and continues to drive. I took a glance at him. His hair was in it's usual position, pushed back and messy, sticking in different directions. 

We arrive at school and I get out of his car, only to be stalked by many eyes. Whispering and gossiping is heard everywhere in the hallway because of the simple fact that we missed first period and we arrived late, together. Finn and I walk to my locker, earning more stares. He's obviously used to it, so I'm not surprised when he doesn't even flinch at the attention he is getting. Me on the other hand.

"I'll see you later, Gabbie." he says and raises his fist. I stare at it and Finn chuckles nervously waiting. I snort but give in. That was ridiculous!

I can't help but laugh at the fact that Finn was so nervous on how to say bye that he just fist bumped me. He fucking fist bumped me! I hold back my giggles and shake my head. I'm trying not to think about our almost kiss and where our relationship stands because after all, we are not even friends.

Or are we friends?

I close my locker with a bang and walk to my next class, pushing Finn as far away from my mind as possible. 

***

"Mr.Smith, I thought the assignment was due tomorrow?" I ask with exasperation in my voice. The only thing I've written down in my journal is 'what does love mean to you?' Don't blame me, this is not a topic I was expecting

"It was. Didn't you read my email yesterday? I changed the due date Ms.Robinson." he explains and I fidget with my hands, trying to calm my nerves down.

If you weren't thinking about Finn all night then this wouldn't have happened. My subconscious says and I fight the urge to smack her silly, even though I can't actually do that.

"The electricity was off in my neighborhood yesterday so u-um, that's why I didn't read the email." I lie and feel my palms start to sweat. I have never been a student who gets straight A's or B's, but English lit is the only subject I really work hard on, until this assignment. 

If he were here with me I'm sure I would've whipped this assignment in 10 minutes, but he is not.

My stomach drops at the thought of that night 2 years ago.

I pout and my teacher laughs, but gives in. "You have one more day, Gabriella. Please don't let me down on this one." he pleads with a smile that I gladly return. 

One more day.

But it can wait a few more hours, until I'm alone and no one can see.

The final bell rings and I quickly walk out of my Spanish class. I need a lot of time to work on this assignment and I can't have any distractions.

Throwing my books inside my locker I sprint down the hall until something holds me back.

Waves of blue

Finn.

"Hey, why are you leaving so fast?" he questions smirking. I'm under his spell in a matter of seconds. His eyes are so taunting. I blink rapidly and suddenly he waves a hand in front of me. "Lost yourself in my charms?" he asks cockily and I snort.

"You wish." I simply state. He chuckles and puts a hand in the small of my back, leading me outside the school.

"Ready to go?" he jumps into his car, but quickly gets off when he notices my feet are glued to the ground. "What's the matter, Gabbie?" he asks in a sweet tone and walks over to me.

"Oh, I just have to work on an assignment for English first, so do you mind dropping me at my house?" I say, my voice small and almost a whisper. He nods and I hop on his car.

"Why didn't you work on it at the shop though?" Finn puzzled while he drove in our neighborhood. 

"I just needed my laptop." I explain. "And a shower." my mouth adds without warning. His laughter shakes the windows of the car and I blush harder than I ever had. 

I hate it when this happens.

"Okay dirty girl." he teases, pulling over to my driveway. "See you in a few." he smiles and I nod before jogging to my house.

The faster I get this over with, the better.

A/N: I'm not happy with this chapter, but I'll make up for it in the next one, I promise. 

Don't forget to vote & comment. xx

-V