Chapter 21: What is he doing to me?

Gabriella's POV:

"Benny are you okay?" Addison runs up to him as he lays on the floor, licking his thumb, but Ben is not who I'm concerned about.

"NO!" I yell and run up to the first batch of chocolate cupcakes. Some of them lay on the floor while others remain in the mold. "No, no. no!" I bark in annoyance and glare at my boy best friend who is currently laughing at my despair. "You are so paying me back for this." I growl and he abruptly stands from his place on the floor. 

"Catch me if you can!" He laughs running out the door. 

"Oh, trust me. I will!" I giggle and run behind him. There's no doubt Ben is much faster than me, but he run for as much time as I can. "Run for your life, Benny Boo Boo" I cackled and pushed my thighs trying to catch up to him. 

I can't recall for how long we've been running around my neighborhood, but my legs are aching and sweat is dripping down my forehead. Suddenly my gym teacher's voice booms inside of my head.

Push yourselves!

"I'm pushing." I yell and magically appear next to Ben. I jump to him, making him tumble and fall to the hard concrete.

"Ouch!" he winces and I laugh hysterically at his pained expression. "You weren't supposed to tackle me to the ground." he complains and pushes me off his body. 

"Well, I told you I wanted payback." I say breathlessly. "You ruined most of my chocolate cupcakes anyways." I tell him and my heart aches at the thought of only having 5 cupcakes to eat instead of 10.

What? I know I eat a lot for a girl, but that's how it is.

"Well, we could've made more if you weren't such a beast and ran after me for whole 10 minutes." he groans and rubs his forearm. 

"We ran for only 10 minutes?" I ask in disbelief. Ben nods and I gasp at how much longer it felt like. I guess I'm more out of shape than I thought. "Let's go back or else Addi might think I killed you." I chuckle and he nudges my arm. 

"You would never kill me, no matter how bad you want it." he says and I just smile.

True, but he doesn't need to know that.

We walk back home in silence, mocking one another until a loud horn makes us jump in surprise. "Hey there Gabbie and..."

"Ben." my best friend says. 

"Oh yeah, Benjamin." Finn says and smiles at me. "Are you free today?" He asks me nonchalantly. 

"Why?" I question and his friends laugh. I spot the blondie Lucas on the passenger seat and Scott at the back. 

"Well, my friend Lucas, remember him?" he taunts "plays with his band today at Great Joe's and I wanted to see if you'd like to come." he suggests and smiles. I'm a little confused by this because he is not his usual cocky, smirking self.

"Yeah..no. I'm busy." I tell him and he pouts. 

"Please? It's just for moral support." he pleads and I shake my head. "Benjamin and his girlfriend can come along if you decide to make an appearance."

"We'll be there." Ben says for me and my eyes widen. "and it's Ben." he adds under his breath.

"Great!" Finn smirks and winks at me. "See you then, Gabbie." They continue to drive and I wait for them to disappear so that I can kill Ben.

"You might want to start running again!" I yell and he sprints away from me.

Here we go again.