Chapter 14: We're stuck

Gabriella's POV:

"Gabs!" A chirpy voice wakes me from my sleep and my head hits a cold, hard surface. I groan and rub the spot. Addison is standing in front of me with a mischievous grin and a cup of coffee in her hand.

"What do you want?" I frown and make an effort to keep my eyes as opened as possible. She chuckles and hands me the coffee. "I love you." I mumble while the drink goes down my throat.

"I heard some gossip!" she squeaks and my head pounds. This is all Ben's fault for introducing me to the 'Friends' world because now I'm obsessed and I can't seem to get enough of the show.  That explains why I stayed up until 3 in the morning.

I rest my chin on my elbow trying to appear interested and she sits beside me. "What did you hear?" I ask her and she brings her index to my mouth to silence me.

"Well...why didn't you tell me you went to Finn's house yesterday, huh?" Addi questions and a crooked smile appears on her already smiley face. I say nothing and she huffs. "You're not getting away with this! You are so telling me why." she says a little too loud.

"We just have to work on the science fair project together and he wanted to show me the materials he bought." I explain flatly and my best friend smiles. "It's just a project and he is still an asshole." 

"I know you hate him, but I think you should give him a chance, get to know him." she says and nudges my shoulder with her own. I love that my best friend wants me to be happy and find someone although I don't think Finn would classify as that someone. We barely even tolerate each other.

"I don't know." I bite my lip and take another sip from my coffee. "He's being acting a little weird around me. The first time he took me to his house he snapped and asked me why I hated him." I cover my mouth when realization hits me.

"Wait, yesterday wasn't the first time you went to his house?!" Addison yells in excitement and the teacher snaps his head in our direction. "Sorry." she mumbles trying to suppress a giggle. "When did this happen?" she asks me getting closer.

I sigh, but give in telling her everything that happened that day. "And then I woke up wearing his clothes and he invited me pizza." her eyes widen. "He dropped me at my house and then left. That was it." I add flatly while she looks like her eyes are about to burst.

"That's it? How can you even say that? Finn never drives a girl home and he never shares his clothes. Gabs, this is big." she yelps in excitement. 

"Maybe it's his way of making up for being annoying, plus I'm sure he felt bad for me. I've been in this school since Junior year and he just noticed me now." I utter in a low voice and Addison shakes her head. She strongly believes that Finn Dankworth wants something to do with me and when she strongly believes in something there's no way you are snapping her out of it.

"We have Physics last period and he is there too. Sit beside him and I'll analyze his movements." she blurts out and I shake my head. "No excuses. You're doing what I say." she demands with a smirk and I just nod. I can't fight with her because I know she's going to win.

***

"Addi, I don't want to do this, please!" I beg and hope that she will have mercy on my poor soul. She shushes me and urges me inside of the classroom. I scan the surroundings and Finn is already sitting there. How do I approach him?

Pff, he's just Finn. I'm going to ask him something about the project.

"Hey." I greet him with a small smile.

"Gabbie. Hi." he grinned and turned his body so that he was facing me. "What's up? You missing my company?" 

"You wish." I nudge his shoulder and he pouts trying to appear hurt. "Are we still working on the project tomorrow?" I ask as if I wasn't sure. Finn flops his hair to the side and I'm able to meet the pool of his ocean eyes. 

"Of course. Don't you think I've forgotten." he beams. "It's a date." he winks at me and I feel my cheeks redden. 

Oh, no.

"Are you blushing?" he questions and I try to hide behind my loose waves of hair. Suddenly his hand reaches my chin and he forces me to look up at him. My eyes meet his and I welcome the warming feeling that comes with it. His pupils dilate and his blue orbs suck me in once again, the way they always do. My heart hammers inside of my ribcage and I can't bring myself to look away. 

"Good morning class!" Ms.Del Rio chimes and we abruptly pull away. "We will be revising fluids and their densities today. Choose a partner and get ready to work." she claps her hands and starts writing on her white board. I turn around so that I can work with Addi, but a strong hand rests on my shoulder.

"Wanna work with me?" Finn asks with a smile and I nod. He removes his hand from it's previous position and it leaves the spot tickling. His warm touch affects me more than it should. 

I pass by Addison's station and she grabs my arm harshly. "I told you! We are so hanging out after school to discuss this. Ben will have to wait." she frowns and lets go of my arm. I walk over to Finn who is reading the instructions. 

I find it confusing that I never actually noticed he was in most of my classes this year. I guess I was so wrapped around my own bubble I didn't really pay that much attention. 

"We have to mix different fluids and then decide which on is the densest one." he explains. "You can weight them on the scale and I'll measure the volume." I nod, a little taken aback by his knowledge and fast working self. 

I gather the liquids and weight them one by one on the scale. Finn measures their volumes shortly after and we are done in barely 15 minutes. "I never pictured you as a nerd." I tell him with a smirk while he pours the liquids slowly onto a container.

"What did you picture me as then?" he questions without retrieving his gaze from the gooey thing falling down the flask.

"Just an asshole." I mock him and he frowns.

"Gee, thanks." Finn mumbles and I giggle at how his hands are slightly shaking and how his lips are parted. "Why are you laughing?" he asks and finally looks up from the small container. 

"Nothing, your face looked funny." I state and he smirks.

"Never losing the chance to check me out, Gabbie." he says cockily and raises and eyebrow. Finn shakes his head and hands me the flasks. "Try it." he simply demands and I oblige.

I slowly pour down the liquid and try to ignore Finn's heavy stare. The hairs on my skin prickle as I continue to do what he advised me although I'm under a very vulnerable state because of him. I clear my throat but he doesn't move. "Okay, done." I whisper and he jumps at my low voice. His big hand yanks the flask from the table and it falls to the ground. 

Small pieces of glass are scattered all over the floor and the mixture of the different fluids too. Finn moves and since some of the liquids were all gooey he trips on his feet and falls to the ground as well. My eyes widen in surprise and I can't help it. I snort and the room booms with my laughter. Throwing my head back, I put a hand over my stomach and tried to suppress the sounds coming from my lips.

Ms.Del Rio's head snapped in our direction so quickly I expected her neck to crack. "Kids! Go to the janitor's closet and clean the mess you just made." she barked and I fortunately managed to regain my composure.

"A hand?" Finn request from his spot on the floor. I hesitantly move over to help him, but his weight was too much for me to support. I give in and my body crashes against his. This time we both roar in laughter until we realize the many pairs of eyes staring. He quickly grabs my waist and pulls me up while he stands to his full height.

The teacher eyes us as we leave the classroom, our eyes glazing with tears. 

We open the door to the janitor's closet and grab some brooms and cloths to clean the floor. The small space doesn't help and I feel like my body is on fire due to the proximity between us. When we are about to leave the door shuts closed.

"No, no, no!" I shout when the handle doesn't move. 

We're stuck.

A/N: Hope you liked this chapter. I'm trying not to rush Finn's and Gabriella's relationship. There's sill many secrets to be uncovered. 

Stay tuned and take care! xx

-V