Chapter 26: I'm sorry

Gabriella's POV:

I cried last night and this morning it's easy to notice I did. There are black rings under my eyes and they are extremely prominent, too hard to cover with concealer. 

My best friends arrive at my house and scan my face once I'm inside Addi's car.

"Let's go to the shop. I'm in desperate need for coffee and food." I tell Addison and she drives away. 

The car ride is more silent than usual. I'm sure my friends have many questions to ask me since they know I went to Finn's house yesterday to apologize, which I didn't. Not because I didn't want to, but because he is the hardest person to talk to.

I don't make an effort to make conversation, I'm too tired and I'm sure they can both tell. Addi is not scolding Ben for taking too long and Ben is not bugging me like he does every morning. We are just sitting in awkward silence, very awkward silence.

I hop out of the car and frown when Ben doesn't remind me to buy him his coffee. When I enter the shop the scent doesn't do anything to calm me down at all. "Hey Gabs." some of the workers greet me and I make my best to smile at them.

I try not letting my emotions cloud my thinking, but it's way too hard when I don't even know how I feel.

Lee hands me two large coffees, a donut and a sandwich. "Thanks Lee." I grin and she grabs ahold of my arm before I can leave.

"Hey you, smile. You'll be fine." she tells me, obviously noticing there's something wrong. It's easy for me to mask my emotions in front of my parents or my teachers, but I can't do it in front of my friends.

"I hope so." I whisper and she pulls me in for a hug. 

When I'm angry at my own self I get distant, I space out more than usual and I don't speak up as much. 

"Here." I hand Ben his coffee and he shoots me a grateful smile. I make sure to put my sandwich and donut inside of my backpack before Addi makes me. 

Fastening my seatbelt I look up at my girl best friend and she is staring at me. "You can eat it." she says through gritted teeth. I snap my head in her direction and raise my eyebrows at her. "Yes, you can." she grins 

I start opening my bag and taking the sandwich in my mouth while making eye contact with her. "You sure?" I ask one more time and she hesitantly nods. I see her lip twitching and she takes it away from me before I can even take a bite.

"No! I'm sticking to my rules. No eating inside my precious baby." she smiles and I stick my tongue at her, feeling the tension between us dissolve into thin air.

I knew it!

***

English Literature goes by quickly and by that I mean I slept during the whole class because Mr.Smith was absent for some reason. I start feeling better, but it all goes to hell when I read my schedule. 

Gym

I dislike most of the subjects, but Gym and Maths are battling for the first place on my black list.

"Fuck" I mutter under my breath and jog towards the ladies room to change into my gym clothes. I'm not in the mood for working out right now, I never am, but if I skip Mr.Stone will notice and I can't afford having him give me a motivational speech. 

Once I'm done changing I find Ben leaning against my locker, waiting for me so that we can go to class together. "Ready for your ears to bleed?" he mocks while I approach him.