Chapter 13: Guess you weren't such a good kisser

Gabriella's POV:

Class ended up being less despicable. Mr.Williams gave us a report on our project for next week. I tried to tell Finn I was going to do it, but he wouldn't budge. So we agreed to work on it together at the shop on Thursday and Friday after his shift. I'm not going back to his house after what happened. 

He treated me okay today, but I can't help but wonder if he pities me after that. I've decided I'm not addressing the matter anymore. 

I feel heavy too because I haven't told my friends and I feel like I'm distancing myself from them. 

"Here you go, Gabs." the brunette girl from last week handed me the cup with shaky hands. I'm praying it's coffee this time. I give her a smile and thank her before plopping down on one of the comfy pink couches.

Please be coffee. I need help.

I take a deep breath in and pull my lips close to the cup. My taste buds go wild and I let the feeling sink in. If you haven't guessed already, she did give me coffee this time. I shifted my body to face her and gave the girl a thumbs up. A blush creeps to her cheeks and she grins at my gesture. 

After gulping down the cup in a matter of seconds I go over my to do's for school. Opening my bag, I take my laptop and check what pending assignments I've got.  

English Literature 'Journal' 

Science Fair report 

Maths pgs 102-110. All exercises

There is no way I'm writing the journal now. I've been postponing this assignment for some days, a few more won't hurt. I can't work on the report either which means the only thing left to do is Maths and I love maths.

"Fuck!" I let out a frustrated groan and run a hand through my strawberry blonde hair. I have just started to work on this math problems and it's driving absolutely insane. In times like this, I wish I had payed attention to Ms.Parker and her silly voice. 

There is only one way out.

Group Chat:

Me: Has Ms.Parker given any of you an assignment on pages 102-110? I'm about to burst in tears.

Ben: Attachment '10 images'

Ben: Thank me later ;)

Me: I love you <3

I immediately downloaded the pictures. Ben has the highest GPA out of the 3 of us, so when it comes to school he is definitely reliable. There's only one downside to this. His handwriting is basically a modern form of hieroglyphics.

Once the pictures are saved to my phone I take a look at them and blink rapidly. I thought that as you grow your handwriting improves a little, but Ben's looks worse by the day. 

How can the teachers even read this crap?

Me: Benny, your work looks disgusting.

Ben: Don't you dare insult me. Do it yourself then.

Me: Why would I do it if I have you?

Ben: Uh-uh I'm not rewriting this whole thing for your evil purposes.

Oh, yes you are.

Me: Please Benny..

Ben: Nope.

Me: Fine! You are mean! I was planning on buying you coffee everyday.

My stomach grumbles and I make my way back to the counter. It's 7 already so I need food in my system to function for a few more hours.